Page 1 of 1

InTune wont update?

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:23 pm
by RandomHero21
So last night I called the support line and spoke to Frank who helped me out a great deal. Basically my InTune was stuck in recovery mode and my Jeep won't start. After about 20 minutes they came to the conclusion that I needed to wait for the new update this morning, and then call tonight after updating so they can help me force the calibration and get my truck running again. last night they had me reset the InTune and clear all updates. I also emailed my XML file to the support email, but haven't heard anything back...So here's the issue. I know there was an update put out, but when I plug the InTune in, it just sits at the main screen. I've tried manually executing the update but nothing works. should I try this on a different computer? I'm running Windows 7 but can get on XP if need be. I just want to be prepared when I call tonight because I only have a small window between getting home from wok and DiabloSport going home for the weekend. I would like my truck running soon! Haha thanks guys!

RE: InTune wont update?

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:26 pm
by mikel
what version does it show now, 1r01d?

settings/tool info/firmware info

RE: InTune wont update?

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:57 pm
by RandomHero21
Hey Mike

It's version 1r01e

RE: InTune wont update?

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:43 am
by mikel
Plug it back in, it should update to 1r01f and be good to go ;)

RE: InTune wont update?

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:30 am
by RandomHero21
Mike,

The InTune did indeed update to version 1r01f this morning, but I had no luck in getting my truck going again. It says it cant find the ECU. Where do I go from here? call customer service again on Monday night? Or is there any sort of file you can send me that I can throw on the InTune to flash it back to stock?

RE: InTune wont update?

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:51 am
by JonDiablosport
try this in the mean time.

Remove the negative terminal of the battery for about 10 minuts. Also if you can in the same time put the car on a charger.

then connect everything back. and if the tool is stillin recovery mode it should recover. It might say cant find ecus a few times keep hitting the check mark.

RE: InTune wont update?

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:37 pm
by RandomHero21
Thanks for the response Jon,
Well, I tried this method and I've been at it for about 45 mins now and it still wont find the ECU for the vehicle.

RE: InTune wont update?

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:38 pm
by RandomHero21
Also, the tool is out of Recovery mode.

RE: InTune wont update?

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:21 pm
by mikel
Hmm...should still be in recovery. We'll need to go over this on the phone Monday morning.

RE: InTune wont update?

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:06 am
by RandomHero21
Just got back from the dealership. I couldn't go any longer without a vehicle. According to them, my PCM was completely corrupted from using the InTune. Total charges for towing, labor and flashing came to $244.87...

So I want to say thanks for trying to solve my issues with your product, but altogether now I've paid $633.87 for a product that didn't work, that I had put faith into, coming from a well known company, and the ensuing damage it caused. I'm not even adding in the time lost from work having to sit at the dealership this morning.

Diablosport, do you stand behind your paying customers in times like this? Will I ever see a reimbursement for this incident? Who should I contact about this matter? Paperwork and records are available upon request.

RE: InTune wont update?

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:11 am
by mikel
I would have preferred to take care of you ourselves, but I understand you could not wait.

We can't cover anything that is done at the dealership though, sorry.