Fiat 500

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

Biged83

RE: Re: RE: Fiat 500

Post by Biged83 »

thanks. just let me know if and when :)
DjChexxx

Post by DjChexxx »

Id be in this as well. Lets see how this thing goes
eortiz0219

Post by eortiz0219 »

I would be willing to buy a tuner for my fiat 500. im not hunting for lots of power, but better mileage. every little bit counts and the aftermarket just isnt there for us. you could be. Just think of the promotions "Diablo: Leader in true Fiat performance!"
Biged83

Post by Biged83 »

nice slogan if i say so lol
Flatdeck

Post by Flatdeck »

I'm interested as well. I have a 2012 500 Sport Auto.

Currently considering the Road Race timing controller as that's currently the only easily-removable option.

Btw, I'm running your tow/econo tune in my 1999 F-350.
Revscorpion

Post by Revscorpion »

I doubt this will alter your decision much, but wanted to post my 2 cents on the off chance it helps...

I own Bevil Automotive and Scorpion Customz (I know that means nothing to yall guys, but it means something to some people :P )... we specialize in Dodges, and lets be honest, the Fiat is a baby Dodge.

If you make a tuner for it, it will sell. Obviously not in the numbers like for an LX or the like - hell, there arent that many on the road - but what I found is that the Fiat owners that are out there are surprisingly passionate about them...
And, for the record, I own one too.

I can tell you I could sell 10 in a week just through my shop... not every week, but probably one a month average.

Finally... since it was brought up previously...
I was under the impression Mercedes encrypted the ECM's on the 2011+ Chryslers... I thought is was likely to keep Fiat from gaining access to Merc tech. Is this not the case?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Mercedes hasn't encrypted the 2011+ PCMs, Fiat has. Mercedes no longer has anything to do with Chrysler, other then using the GC/Durango platform for the ML. Chrysler is now making their own transmissions off the Mercedes design and their own rear ends, unlike the earlier LXs which had Mercedes sourced parts. Plus, vehicles that never had anything to do with Mercedes are locked too.

The claim is that the PCMs are encrypted to reduce warranty claims due to modifications. Ralph claims that he wants to unlock them, but the higher ups won't let him. The only higher up I know of would be Sergio, who's been an absolute douchebag through everything. When Chrysler loses business and the enthusiasts go to Ford and GM, like many of us already have, maybe he'll get a clue. Until then, he's so damn worried about Ferrari superiority, that Mopar is getting shafted up the ass. See the upcoming emasculated Viper for proof. Originally promised was 700hp 8.7L V10 and a twin clutch gearbox. We didn't get either one. Instead we get less power then a lowly Mustang, and an antiquated stick shift. 640hp is a toy. My luxury sedan makes more then that, my SUV made more then that. Lost my sale.
spotman

Fiat 500 Tuner

Post by spotman »

Hey, Mr. Mike, How are you? I live in Louisville, KY I'm a proud owner of a 2012 fiat 500. It would be great for you and your company to develope a tuner for this. I WILL BUY IT, IF YOU BUILD IT!!!! More HP as well as TQ for this car would be AWESOME. So, i'm on board for this to happen. :D
08BlkCaliSRT4

RE: Fiat 500 Tuner

Post by 08BlkCaliSRT4 »

The Fiat 500 Abarth should be your main focus out of any Fiat model. They already sold out for the year and thats is with them increasing their output another thousand.

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2012/06/ ... 2_fia.html
Mike_Levy

RE: Fiat 500 Tuner

Post by Mike_Levy »

The Abarth would have decent gains, if the turbo can handle it. When you tune a turbo car, you can up the boost and increase gains, assuming that theres reserve available in the turbo. I'm not sure if there is. There seems to be a trend these days with manufacturers using the smallest possible unit for the job.
SterlingAug

Post by SterlingAug »

Count me in for a tuner for my 500 Sport. I already spent $300 on a short RAM air intake for the 5hp gain and I could use some more.
Biged83

Re: Fiat 500

Post by Biged83 »

so come on guys the ecu is unlocked. there is people begging for it and the bench tunes cost $600. I actually have a bench tune right now and im happy with it although having trouble with dyno shop to get correct numbers. last test was 101hp and 104tq at the wheels. i know you guys can do much much better then this
Biged83

Post by Biged83 »

ill sweeten the deal. i have 2 500s one auto one manual i can lend
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The Turbo is coming out in the near future. I doubt you'll see anything for the N/A ones though. Thats what they did with the Neon and PT Cruiser. Turbo tunes only.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike_Levy wrote:The Turbo is coming out in the near future. I doubt you'll see anything for the N/A ones though. Thats what they did with the Neon and PT Cruiser. Turbo tunes only.
there is a 1.4 turbo currently, but thats apparently not going to be the 'srt4' version....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com