Page 1 of 1

Will my U7197 work with windows 7

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:47 pm
by JUDDSS
Just wondering if my U 7194 will work with windows 7.
I tried to download drivers and only saw XP and VISTA.
Also just got this tuner and it was used on a newer camaro. It is supposed to work with my new body style Gmc sierra. When I took it from the camaro I returned it to a stock tune. I plugged it into my sierra and it wont upload the tune?? Any Advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Aaron

RE: Will my U7197 work with windows 7

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:10 am
by 06MonteSS
yes.. get the drivers from www.diablosport.com/drivers

what is the exact error message you get when you try to install a tune??

on the predator, go to Options - Show Last Tune Written and what does it say?

RE: Will my U7197 work with windows 7

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:55 am
by JUDDSS
When I try to install a performance tune it says calibration not supported or something like that. Then my truck wont start and I have to remove the two Pcm error dtc's. Once I remove the dtc's My truck starts again. Ill try to get the exact dtc's and message later. Dose it sound familliar. Version of software in tuner is v9r17. I have also installed drivers and it wont communicate with my diablo for some reason. Ill try the link you posted. Thanks

RE: Will my U7197 work with windows 7

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:14 pm
by mikel
need to update that Predator.

RE: Will my U7197 work with windows 7

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:37 pm
by JUDDSS
For some reason the drivers arent working. I cant update the predator. Mabye Ill try it on a different Computer at work tomorrow.

RE: Will my U7197 work with windows 7

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:31 am
by 06MonteSS
try turning off the UAC on windows 7... the User Access Control setting.. put the slider all the way down to the bottom to disable it... and make sure your user account is an Administrator Account type...

then reboot the pc, then try it again...

RE: Will my U7197 work with windows 7

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:08 am
by JUDDSS
I didnt try that, But I called support and they told me they were having problems with windows and the driver. I tried 3 other computers and finally got it to work. Thanks