Page 1 of 2

Gm tcm issue

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:58 pm
by Oldsaltydog
Hey mike I got a little hiccup on my truck loaded both tcm tunes
Adjusted firmer all gears -4 all shifted ok except third to fourth
Tries to rev up a little. Steepen the gear change only happens third
To fourth any ideas maybe up rpms ? I'm stumped doesn't do IOC I just load either tune and make no adjustment
Thanks
Stan

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:55 pm
by Oldsaltydog
Bump

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:55 pm
by mikel
Im not following, are you saying it shifts weird from 3-4 now?

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:05 pm
by Oldsaltydog
Yep if I firm up the three to four shift on either tune it actslikethe engine speeds up then shifts into gear if I makeno firmness adjustments it shifts fine on both tunes

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:06 pm
by mikel
make the change then post the tcm backup and last tune written.

Thanks

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:09 pm
by Oldsaltydog
Ok I'll send it later tonight not at my laptop right now thanks

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:09 pm
by Oldsaltydog
I'll email it to ya

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:29 pm
by Oldsaltydog
files on their way

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:19 am
by Oldsaltydog
Loaded tune at -4 firmness across the board upped shift rpm plus 100 rpms thru first four gears drove about fifty miles last evening no issues so far I'll test today pulling my landscape trailer. To see if I can get it to do it again I t did fine last night at mentioned settings on firm shift tune

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:00 pm
by Satch606
My TCM is odd. I'll modify the 1-2 shift down from banging and its fine when it's written. Give it about 50 miles or so and it learns its way right back up to a bang shift. I know ECM's have a certain learning curve but this is ridiculous.

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:50 pm
by Oldsaltydog
So far so good mikel I emailed u the tcm files have had no issues
Today so far anything odd on the tune files?

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:25 pm
by mikel
Johans a little backed up, havent heard back from him yet.

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:55 pm
by Oldsaltydog
Ok just let me know thanks

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:06 pm
by Oldsaltydog
hey mikel i have not been able to recreate the shifting issue again running great right now think im gonna leave it alone for a while shifting fine even with a 5400 lb. lawn and landscape trailer on its tail it may be possible that i didnt reset all the parameters when i was making a bunch of adjustments that day, when johan looks at the files just let me know if he finds anything. thanks a lot

RE: Gm tcm issue

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:49 pm
by mikel
weird, keep an eye on it and let me know ;)