Page 1 of 1

3 non working Intunes in a row or is my computer f-d?

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:17 pm
by FPSeth
I have 3 Intunes in front of me- all not working properly, and all with three different problems as outlined below. I am using all of these on the same laptop with Windows XP. The first Intune I plugged into this computer worked perfectly- since then every one that I plug in has not worked. All 3 intunes boot up properly and when I have tried to plug them into a vehicle (all the same 2008 Jeep) they also boot up, but they freeze up one or two steps into the tuning process.

Number 1: F: Drive opens with 3 folders: logs, tunes and info.
Updater does not launch.
Intune touch screen allows one command then freezes.

<tool_info>
<main full_version="InTune-1r01h 03/29/2012 12:07:10 PM" sw_rev="1r01h" svn="4210" />
<registration sn="CIEU477-1" status="0" />
<restore id="0" vin="1J8HR783X8C132234" bc="0" />
<db mfr="GM" tune="1r01d" pid="1r01a" />
<db mfr="DCX" tune="error" pid="1r01a" />
<db mfr="FORD" tune="1r01a" pid="1r01a" />
<system_db dtc="1r01a" vin="1r01a" info="1r01a" />
<license avail="1" tuned="0" />
<updates count="0" />
</tool_info>

Number 2: Updater launches then "There is no disk in drive" message. I click "Try again" and the updater error message window appears "Failed to detect Intune. Application will now close"
And the touch screen of the Intune is frozen.

<tool_info>
<main full_version="InTune-1r02a 06/06/2012 11:47:36 AM" sw_rev="1r02a" svn="4719" />
<registration sn="CIFAFE1-1" status="1" />
<restore id="0" vin="" bc="0" />
<db mfr="GM" tune="1r01e" pid="1r01a" />
<db mfr="DCX" tune="1r01b" pid="1r01a" />
<db mfr="FORD" tune="1r01b" pid="1r01a" />
<system_db dtc="1r01a" vin="1r01a" info="1r01a" />
<license avail="1" tuned="0" />
<updates count="3" />
</tool_info>

Number 3:
My computer gives a "USB Device not recognized" message and nothing happens.
Second time it boots up- Intune Updater starts then messages "Failed to detect device Updater will now close"
There is no F drive listed so I cannot attach the <Info>
Intune touch screen is frozen.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:43 pm
by mikel
drag/drop this file to the drives you can access and let it reboot, and see if it clears it up.

On the one that wont show an intune drive, does it get to the main menu?

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:15 pm
by FPSeth
Tool #1 worked with that file- downloaded and installed on its own for a long time- seems good now.

On the #3 that your referring to above- Yes, the intune does go to the main menu.

I will try loading the cdrom file onto #2 now.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:18 pm
by mikel
Cool, let me know.

If 3 gets to the main menu, you shouldbe able to get to the intune drive and do the same thing.

once these tools are updated to 1r02a their behavior should improve quite a bit.

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:52 am
by JonDiablosport
if the intune drives are not showing up do the following.

Open your my computer screen.
then power cycle your tool.
as soon as the intune drive appears open it and delete the group update file. Most likely hanging up the system.

then drop the file mike posted above or you can drop this file on to it to start the update procedure.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:51 am
by FPSeth
#2 is now updated and working as well. The second file- posted by Jon, would not write to it_ giving me a message that basicly said "Cannot downgrade firmware to 1r01i version...' But I just kept trying to drag and drop Mikes files to the F: drive and eventually it worked and performed the proper updates.
Only have one to go- the updater launches on the last one, andgives me the'dont unplug intune, downloading update' msg, butit will just hang out there forever.
And I cannot drag and drop no copy and paste either of the above files to the F: drive because I get a "cannot find specified drive" message.
The F: and E:(with intune logo) show up in 'My Computer' but they are not accessible.

What can I try next? Is there a way to completely 'Reset' this Intune?

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:17 am
by mikel
if the intune drive will not open, its tough to do anything, is the touchscreen responsive?

If so, we can clear the updates and reset the tool and try it again.