Page 1 of 1

Performance shop set up intune, now cant update

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 pm
by wmd3
Intune serial number CIA7750-1
version 1r01c
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 5.7
I had a dealer install a tune for my truck. They did a good job but I have not been able to update my intune for quite a while. GM tune db is 1r01a

When I plug in my intune the Intune drive opens with logs and tunes folder, info.xml, registration.itf
I can find the intune cd rom drive with the intune.exe, documentation folder, autorun.inf, intune_icon.ico
When I click on the intune.exe file the icon shows up in the tray, two messages pop up, first says "please connect an intune first" (already plugged in by usb) second a dialog box requests registration information. I try to type in my email address and the screen disappears and requests a correct email format. I seem to have a registration.itf file
Any suggestions on how to update my intune with this info.
Thanks in advance
Will

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:18 am
by mikel
drag/drop tjhis file to the intune drive, then let the tool reboot, and the intune.exe will run and auto update the tool for you.

Thanks

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:45 pm
by wmd3
Great Mike! I'll try it tonight
Thanks

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:31 pm
by wmd3
worked great!
Thanks again Mike
Will

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:53 pm
by wmd3
I spoke too soon. After what seemed like a successful update I cant find my prior tunes and I get a VIN DB error. After looking in the settings the vin and tune data for GMC are no longer there. I realize that not saving the tune files may be one of my problems but if I move forward from here how do I register my truck again in the intune so I can begin programming tunes for my truck.
Thanks again,
Will

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:33 am
by mikel
wmd3 wrote:I spoke too soon. After what seemed like a successful update I cant find my prior tunes and I get a VIN DB error. After looking in the settings the vin and tune data for GMC are no longer there. I realize that not saving the tune files may be one of my problems but if I move forward from here how do I register my truck again in the intune so I can begin programming tunes for my truck.
Thanks again,
Will
did you skip this part:

l[/quote]then let the tool reboot, and the intune.exe will run and auto update the tool for you.l[/quote]

plug it back in, let intune.exe run, and it will download the missing databases.