Page 1 of 1

2008 duramax U7186 update troubles

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:18 pm
by martinouellette
hi guys
I tried loading the towing tune in my 2008 duramax after the new update 9r15
I initially let the programmer download a backup of my ECU, then started the towing flash. The tune seemed to be loading fine, but after a couple minutes it said there was an error loading the program into the truck's ECU.

It said that it would restore the original tune. However, it failed to restore the initial tune as well. Clicking the info button showed the message: "ECM: Error unlock for reflash (-1)".

Is their a way I can fix this somehow??
I got a 2008 duramax 6.6L
U7186 predator
Thanks

RE: 2008 duramax U7186 update troubles

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:46 pm
by fastmatt007
adf

RE: 2008 duramax U7186 update troubles

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:43 pm
by mikel
If you're still having issues, please give us a call with the tool powered up in the truck and we'll give you a hand.

Thanks

RE: 2008 duramax U7186 update troubles

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:54 am
by TunerTools
Hi Mike, just a heads up but the Diablosport download section for the U7186 still shows the latest version as 9r15.
Need to update this :-)

Re: RE: 2008 duramax U7186 update troubles

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:06 am
by mikel
TunerTools wrote:Hi Mike, just a heads up but the Diablosport download section for the U7186 still shows the latest version as 9r15.
Need to update this :-)
9r15 is the latest...not sure where 9r16 came from :)

RE: Re: RE: 2008 duramax U7186 update troubles

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:29 am
by TunerTools
oh...... I got it from further up in this thread.
I have a customer with a similar problem on the 2008 Duramax and need some assistance then

Re: RE: Re: RE: 2008 duramax U7186 update troubles

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:13 pm
by mikel
duro7117 wrote:have the same problem and the techsupport told me to put 9r30 in the predator,but cant find it ,latest is 9r15 ,need help
you have a duramax?
Sounds like they were under the impression that it was a gas truck, what revision is the Predator on currently?

Thanks

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 2008 duramax U7186 update troubles

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:45 pm
by martinouellette
could a low voltage at the obdII port affect the predator when loading a tune? Maybe the predator draws too much power and can't complete the tune loading. After the update 9r15 I noticed the tuner was taking a lot more time to load and operate.