Trinity not seen by downloader, screen black

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
Skillros
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Trinity not seen by downloader, screen black

Post by Skillros »

I have had my trinity for the past year and a half, waiting for 2011 Dodge tuning. I also have previous trinity experience. Now it is released and everything worked properly until I downloaded the update. Now only the light tree illuminates when plugged into the computer and my DS downloader (2.2.2.6) does not find my trinity, it only continues to say "Searching for a DiabloSport Tool." When I click the express tune mode and press 'Update Tool', I am greeted by the following:



"I could not open the selected serial port"

"DS Downloader is configured for Trinity, but the detected tool does not appear to support the XML Protocol"

"Please verify the DS Downloader configuration via the configuration link on the Connection Test Tab."

"Please also verify that you have installed the Trinity USB drivers on the CD that came with your Trinity."

I have tried all of these, I uninstalled and reinstalled the files and downloader, nothing. I am beyond frustrated at this point. I was told at my time of purchase tuning was 3 months away (March 2011) and now that it is here, I can't tune the car. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Shane
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58777
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Trinity not seen by downloader, screen black

Post by mikel »

does it power up properly in the vehicle?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
JonDiablosport
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:14 am

Re: Trinity not seen by downloader, screen black

Post by JonDiablosport »

AS mike L suggested IT seems like the trinity is not powering up. If the main screen does not come on then the software will never find the tool.

you wrote its a blank screen does the screen have any writing while plugged into a car or the computer?

If the screen doesn't show anything it will have to come in for repair.
Diablosport Tech support
[email protected]
p: 561-908-0040
F: 561-908-0048
User avatar
Damiano_x
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:35 am
Location: Quebec, CAN

Re: Trinity not seen by downloader, screen black

Post by Damiano_x »

Skillros wrote:I have had my trinity for the past year and a half, waiting for 2011 Dodge tuning. I also have previous trinity experience. Now it is released and everything worked properly until I downloaded the update. Now only the light tree illuminates when plugged into the computer and my DS downloader (2.2.2.6) does not find my trinity, it only continues to say "Searching for a DiabloSport Tool." When I click the express tune mode and press 'Update Tool', I am greeted by the following:



"I could not open the selected serial port"

"DS Downloader is configured for Trinity, but the detected tool does not appear to support the XML Protocol"

"Please verify the DS Downloader configuration via the configuration link on the Connection Test Tab."

"Please also verify that you have installed the Trinity USB drivers on the CD that came with your Trinity."

I have tried all of these, I uninstalled and reinstalled the files and downloader, nothing. I am beyond frustrated at this point. I was told at my time of purchase tuning was 3 months away (March 2011) and now that it is here, I can't tune the car. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Shane
I'm getting the same problem.. been working for 2 days now on the T1000... tried on Windows XP, Windows 7, different dsdl versions.. and can't get it updated...

All I'm getting not from a different USB port when I come to Uptade the Tool is :

I could not open the selected serial port (I'm using a USB cable BTW...)
The scrren on the T1000 works fine at the begining but when it comes to "Update Tool" the T1000 screen becomes full of bleu et pink lines...

Can SOMEONE help me out???

Thank you!
Steve
boostonabudget
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Re: Trinity not seen by downloader, screen black

Post by boostonabudget »

Damiano_x wrote:
Skillros wrote:I have had my trinity for the past year and a half, waiting for 2011 Dodge tuning. I also have previous trinity experience. Now it is released and everything worked properly until I downloaded the update. Now only the light tree illuminates when plugged into the computer and my DS downloader (2.2.2.6) does not find my trinity, it only continues to say "Searching for a DiabloSport Tool." When I click the express tune mode and press 'Update Tool', I am greeted by the following:



"I could not open the selected serial port"

"DS Downloader is configured for Trinity, but the detected tool does not appear to support the XML Protocol"

"Please verify the DS Downloader configuration via the configuration link on the Connection Test Tab."

"Please also verify that you have installed the Trinity USB drivers on the CD that came with your Trinity."

I have tried all of these, I uninstalled and reinstalled the files and downloader, nothing. I am beyond frustrated at this point. I was told at my time of purchase tuning was 3 months away (March 2011) and now that it is here, I can't tune the car. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Shane
I'm getting the same problem.. been working for 2 days now on the T1000... tried on Windows XP, Windows 7, different dsdl versions.. and can't get it updated...

All I'm getting not from a different USB port when I come to Uptade the Tool is :

I could not open the selected serial port (I'm using a USB cable BTW...)
The scrren on the T1000 works fine at the begining but when it comes to "Update Tool" the T1000 screen becomes full of bleu et pink lines...

Can SOMEONE help me out???

Thank you!
Steve
I am also getting the same problem as Steve, it boots up fine but as soon as I choose an option, the whole screen if filled with lines. Please help
Joe
Post Reply

Return to “General Trinity”