Page 1 of 2
Any Success?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:53 am
by Sideshow
I have been reading across all the forums that the new DCX has major issues.
Has there been anybody that successfully managed to get it to work out of the box?
How about getting it to work even after tech support?
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:52 am
by scrambles
The InTune DCX bricked my '12 Challenger even with Tech Support. I had to send my PCM into Diablo Sport for them to fix it just so I could start my car again. They said they're looking into whatever issue it was so they can issue a patch. Kind of frustrating but they had a quick turn around on the repair so I can't complain about them being helpful. Hopefully they iron out all the problems soon.
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:16 pm
by mikel
we resolved this error and an update has been released to fix it.
Thanks
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:24 pm
by sbwrench
I'm in the same boat as Scramble. Waiting for ecu to be returned from Diablo. Truck no run.
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:49 pm
by Sideshow
That's not good for anyone.
I hope DS gets their act together on this. There is a lot of unhappy campers out there right now.
Anymore success or unsuccessful reports?
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:25 pm
by scrambles
Well thankfully my car is running. DS had a great turnaround on that. Tomorrow I'll give it another shot at tuning and we'll see what happens.
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:35 pm
by sbwrench
I'm on their tech line now on hold checking status of my ecu. I'll give them a few before I hang up.
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:34 pm
by sbwrench
Well the good news is I didn't have to spend much time on the tech line. The bad news is they aren't getting my ecu back to me tomorrow as they promised. What's one more day? Well that gets it back to me after I leave for a business trip which means I have to find something else to leave at the airport so basically it jacks me up. This hasn't been a very positive experience so at this point if I was to make a recommendation it wouldn't be to Diablo's liking. But hey, I only interface with 50,000 people a year in motor sports environments all over the U.S. so no biggie:(
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:17 pm
by ROCKS2011RT
mikel wrote:we resolved this error and an update has been released to fix it.
Thanks
mine still doesnt work! waited on hold for hour and a half then finally gave up!
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 pm
by scrambles
Well the tuner worked but it gave me a little bit of grief. Sometimes it doesn't recognize the key cycles (already told Mike). So the tune will load successfully but the tuner won't recognize the key cycling on / off and will sometimes fail the tune. Mike told me so long as it makes it to the key cycling it means the tune was successful even if the tuner disagrees. Sometimes it happens, other times it doesn't. I'm just glad to have the car up and running. I'll load the 93 Octane Tune later but for right now I'm just playing with the throttle boost / MDS and shift firmness. So far so good.
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:56 pm
by mikel
update is released, please update and retry cal updates or custom tunes and all will be well.
Thanks
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:18 pm
by sx1250.1
I installed the inTune on a 2011 Ram sport 5.7 today. Only issue was the trucks PCM needed an update. After e-mailing mike he sent me the registration update to download on the inTune. Back to the truck and it worked smoothly. Did the loaded 91 tune and firmed up the shift. Started the process at 10 am on Jan. 30th. Finished at 3:50 pm the next day. On the plus side the truck runs noticeable better and the slushy tissue paper shift is much, much better. Well worth the effort!
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:25 pm
by ROCKS2011RT
lucky you!!!! my 2011 rt truck wont even run right now!!!!!
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:44 pm
by h2bmess
mine says pcm needs to update...after three key cycles says there is a error, then my DCX says its on recovery mode??
Re: Any Success?
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 pm
by mikel
h2bmess wrote:mine says pcm needs to update...after three key cycles says there is a error, then my DCX says its on recovery mode??
give us a call with the tool powered up in the truck so we can reset it and get you going.
Thanks