2012 Ram problems
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:23 pm
Just got my inTune today. Took it out of the package, read the instructions and plugged in the USB cable.
First the install driver window opens up and I tell it to search for drivers. Seconds later the tool attempts to autorun intune.exe and it gives an error that it has to be run as Administrator. I press OK and inTune comes up and starts updating on it's own. All of this is happening while Windows is still searching for a driver. My machine lags out a few times and it sits at updating forever. Red line goes all the way to the end but it is still saying it is updating. Windows finally finds a driver and asks me if it is ok to install it because it is unsigned. I agree to that yet your software just sits. I leave it for a while (10 minutes after the unit rebooted) and finally hit the X to close it. I then browse to the inTune drive and run inTune.exe as an administrator. inTune opens and says everything is up to date....
I go to my truck and plug in the cable and after it boots I go straight to Tune Vehicle.
I choose Diablo Tune hoping it is similar to the 93 Octane tune I used to have with my 2008 and tell it to install.
It get to where it reads the original backup and goes to almost 10%, Brake light on console starts flashing and I hear the door chime dinging.
Then at 10% the accessories go off and the console shows NO BUS.
The tool tells me to turn off the ignition, I do but it doesn't matter because turning the key off does nothing as everything stays lit up like a Christmas tree (still saying NO BUS). I click the check mark because...well that it all I can do.
It tells me to wait a few seconds and then says turn ignition on and I do once prompted.
The unit acts like it is going to start reading again and then it tells me it can't read the backup and I have to exit.
Started the process over and tried 91 octane and it goes to 32% or so and has the same error.
That is when I came on to the forums only to find people with cars that no longer work after installing this product. I look at the clock and see you guys are off having your weekend while my plans to enjoy mine have changed.
Are there any options other than returning the product to the store tomorrow for a refund?
First the install driver window opens up and I tell it to search for drivers. Seconds later the tool attempts to autorun intune.exe and it gives an error that it has to be run as Administrator. I press OK and inTune comes up and starts updating on it's own. All of this is happening while Windows is still searching for a driver. My machine lags out a few times and it sits at updating forever. Red line goes all the way to the end but it is still saying it is updating. Windows finally finds a driver and asks me if it is ok to install it because it is unsigned. I agree to that yet your software just sits. I leave it for a while (10 minutes after the unit rebooted) and finally hit the X to close it. I then browse to the inTune drive and run inTune.exe as an administrator. inTune opens and says everything is up to date....
I go to my truck and plug in the cable and after it boots I go straight to Tune Vehicle.
I choose Diablo Tune hoping it is similar to the 93 Octane tune I used to have with my 2008 and tell it to install.
It get to where it reads the original backup and goes to almost 10%, Brake light on console starts flashing and I hear the door chime dinging.
Then at 10% the accessories go off and the console shows NO BUS.
The tool tells me to turn off the ignition, I do but it doesn't matter because turning the key off does nothing as everything stays lit up like a Christmas tree (still saying NO BUS). I click the check mark because...well that it all I can do.
It tells me to wait a few seconds and then says turn ignition on and I do once prompted.
The unit acts like it is going to start reading again and then it tells me it can't read the backup and I have to exit.
Started the process over and tried 91 octane and it goes to 32% or so and has the same error.
That is when I came on to the forums only to find people with cars that no longer work after installing this product. I look at the clock and see you guys are off having your weekend while my plans to enjoy mine have changed.
Are there any options other than returning the product to the store tomorrow for a refund?