2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 HEMI - 91 or 93 tune?
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:07 pm
I just received the Diablo inTune for my Jeep the other day and successfully loaded the canned 91 tune. I'm loving the response of the vehicle now, it always seemed a bit sluggish to me.
Most gas stations where I live have 93 octane (which is currently in my vehicle now). I'm on the fence on whether or not to load the 93 tune.
Am I safer running the 91 tune with 93 octane gas, or would you guys recommend running the 93 / Diablo tune?
What happens if I'm low on fuel and the gas station I go to only has 91 octane? Will there be engine knock? Is the 93 tune pushing the limits of the vehicle?
I'm happy with the 91 tune but curiosity has me second guessing if I should be running the 93, especially since I'm running 93 octane gas currently.
Does anyone notice a difference between the 91 and 93 canned tunes or is it really just negligible gains?
Also, are there custom tunes available for my vehicle, I did not see it listed on any of the Custom Tune dealer sites.
Curious to see what everyone else is running / opinions.
Thanks,
Chris
Most gas stations where I live have 93 octane (which is currently in my vehicle now). I'm on the fence on whether or not to load the 93 tune.
Am I safer running the 91 tune with 93 octane gas, or would you guys recommend running the 93 / Diablo tune?
What happens if I'm low on fuel and the gas station I go to only has 91 octane? Will there be engine knock? Is the 93 tune pushing the limits of the vehicle?
I'm happy with the 91 tune but curiosity has me second guessing if I should be running the 93, especially since I'm running 93 octane gas currently.
Does anyone notice a difference between the 91 and 93 canned tunes or is it really just negligible gains?
Also, are there custom tunes available for my vehicle, I did not see it listed on any of the Custom Tune dealer sites.
Curious to see what everyone else is running / opinions.
Thanks,
Chris