No Guage Displays

Post questions about your Trinity in your GM diesel applications here.

Moderator: mikel

Chsaefrazier13

No Guage Displays

Post by Chsaefrazier13 »

I have a 2005 Duramax with the 5 speed automatic. Tunes run good and everything work well, but when I go to monitoring the only option it gives me is gm_gas. I have tried putting the trinity on a 04 and had the same results, but when I put the trinity on a 2006 it brings up the other gauge layouts. I have set up my own gauge pages but I also cant get all the parameter to come up, ex. cannot monitor trans temps which is a problem because my transmission gauge conked out on me. Also I am beginning to believe that because its doing this it is running my battery dead. Brand new batteries, and I cant leave the trinity plugged up in monitoring mode for more than a day without running the truck. If I put the trinity to the home screen it wont run the batteries though, which makes it seem like its something related to the wrong monitoring files. (trinity does go into sleep mode either way though)

Trinity 6JXDA1C-1 updated numerous times in past few weeks, just updated it again earlier today to see if problem has been fixed. Please let me know of any info that would help as I would like to get to monitor things correctly.
mikel

Re: No Guage Displays

Post by mikel »

options/set sleep monitoring to 60 seconds to resolve batt drain issues.

the gm gas layout shoudl work fine, but you can create custom layouts anytime as well.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Chsaefrazier13

Post by Chsaefrazier13 »

So basically diablo wont add gauge support beside what im getting now? Of right now i can not moniter anything transmission wise, no boost psi, calculated engine load always reads 100%, no fuel pressures, no injectors, and that is just off the top of my head.
All of these parameters are available when the trinity is set to 2006 or newer, and i know the vehicle puts out all of these reading because i plugged a buddys edge cs in and it read everything just fine. With the diablo tune and usuing the edges instant mpg gauge i was able to run 136.8 miles on 5.2 gallons of diesel, thats over 25 mpg and is part of the reason i would like to be able to actually use my trinity gauges as they should be. Those numbers are hand calculated also, not off the dic, and thats running 75 mph down highways, just allowed me to find the sweet spot for my truck.
Chsaefrazier13

Post by Chsaefrazier13 »

And just to clairify i have spent numerous hours laying out my own gauge pages to try and get the parameters to work, the only parts that work on the gm gas layout is rpm, speed, engine coolant temp, and oil pressure. Besides those thr gm gas layout doesnt work for me because i dont have spark plugs, i dont have knock sensors, and none of the other gauges work correctly for a diesel.
mikel

Post by mikel »

When you make your own layouts, they dont work?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Chsaefrazier13

Post by Chsaefrazier13 »

No like I said they don't work CORRECTLY. The only gauges that I can use are rpm, speed, coolant temp., and some other gauge. All the rest of the gauges DO NOT work correctly for my vehicle.

Mabye if a tech that writes part of the software would get on here they would understand my problem. The trinity is set to (2005 2500hd lly 6.6) with this I only get the gm_gas layout, and none of the gauges I can set up work correctly. it is like it is usuing gauges that are designed around a gas engine. now if I put my trinity on a buddys truck as this (2006 2500hd lly 6.6) then it brings up all the diesel gauge layouts as well as any custom gauge layouts work correctly.(as far as I know, I only got to play with it on the 2006 for a few minutes)

It does not seem like a complicated problem, probably something as simple as a code getting altered wrong in one of the updates which caused the monitoring support to get lost for the diesel set up.

At this point I am trying to stay level headed because I have spent numerous hours on hold trying to talk to a tech. this is the second time I have had to deal with diablos support and it is not going well. The problem im having is simple, the monitoring support for my vehicle is not working with the newest update. And it is frustrating because the fix would probably take a tech a few minutes on a computer to fix.
Chsaefrazier13

Post by Chsaefrazier13 »

Also i had basically gave up on figuring out why the tinity drains the batteries but i made sure the sleep timer was all the way down, and the trinity does go into sleep mode before i even get out of the truck.
Yet once again i walk out to my truck and its dead as a doornob. Parked the truck at 830 and just went outside about 6 and it was dead, so not even 24 hours. I have made the habbit of unplugging it but forgot to last night.
mikel

Post by mikel »

sleep timer should be maxed to 60 seconds to resolve this issue, not lowered....
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Chsaefrazier13

Post by Chsaefrazier13 »

Okay that doesnt make sense but ill try, i think you skipped my previous post though sir.
If theres nothing else that diablo will do to help out then i guess ill start looking for a new monitoring system because i seriously cannot moniter what i need to on this truck.
Chsaefrazier13

Post by Chsaefrazier13 »

Also was wondering why the 2005 lly has a 100hp extreme tune and the 2006 lly has a 120hp extreme tune, along with being able to adjust fuel pressures? Just curious
Chsaefrazier13

Post by Chsaefrazier13 »

So any update?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Im not sure what to offer.

If you send me the tool, i will make you an update and save it in the device, or you can simply make your own by selecting from the PID list that comes up int he create a layout menu.

the newer trucks get 120 tunes as the stock fuel system is capable of supporting a bit more power than the 01-05 trucks.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Chsaefrazier13

Post by Chsaefrazier13 »

I have made a few custom layouts but whenever I start making one it doesn't give me all the pids that should be showing up.. I will go take pictures of all the options its giving me right now, then set it to 2006 and show the other options its giving me.

Also soon I will taking the old intake off and putting on the newer 2006-2007 version which is bigger. The only thing is the MAF sensor, do I have any options with the diablo as to using the newer 2006-2007 MAF tables? Switching intakes is a common swap on these trucks so it really sounded like a perfect option to add to the modify tune options.
Chsaefrazier13

Post by Chsaefrazier13 »

Can a moderator please delete all that crap??! Kinda hard to keep up eith replys, Thanks
langkam05

Post by langkam05 »

i also have an 05 lly and cannot get any of the gauges to work properly i don't think they even know how to fix the problem just talk in circles :normal: