2012 Durango R/T install? Key fob cycle or leave on?

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
Post Reply
hemibuck
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:11 pm

2012 Durango R/T install? Key fob cycle or leave on?

Post by hemibuck »

So I received the DCX and did the latest update and went to go install the 87 tune and when it asked me to cycle the key I thought I needed to push the button over and over but it would just turn off the vehicle and not come back on. I pulled the tuner out wondering if I had just bricked the rig and it started up. I then read in the vehicle manual about how to use the key fob like a key to cycle back and forth for accessory and off so I tried once again and was successful in installing the tune by cycling the key fob.

But now I am reading that cycling the key fob is a bad thing to do? I guess we are supposed to leave the ignition on and hit the green button? Why are there no instructions for this if we risk bricking the car or ruining a key fob? What is the official way to install a tune on a Durango with push button start? Or any Dodge with a push button for that matter. Thanks for your help!
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2012 Durango R/T install? Key fob cycle or leave on?

Post by mikel »

its a bug, the way around it is to leave the key on, and use the key, not the button :)

No bricking...

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
hemibuck
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Re: 2012 Durango R/T install? Key fob cycle or leave on?

Post by hemibuck »

So use the key fob like a key and cycle back and forth? No key fob problems or bricking?
firefox7518
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Re: 2012 Durango R/T install? Key fob cycle or leave on?

Post by firefox7518 »

As Mike said, just leave it in the one position and do not cycle it. Check the green and it goes on...
hemibuck
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Re: 2012 Durango R/T install? Key fob cycle or leave on?

Post by hemibuck »

Ok thanks
Post Reply

Return to “inTune DCX (i-1000-DCX)”