Page 1 of 2

Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:59 am
by sohfast94
For all intents and purposes there should be no reason to change any of them unless you've changed something on the car that we haven't already made a tune for.Also the advanced parameters have been optimized by us on the dyno when developing the canned tunes so if you have a mainly stock car you shouldn't need to be adjusting these unless for personal preference etc... Otherwise the advanced functions are best left alone unless you have modificationss above and beyond what the tunes in the tool were designed for or you are on a dyno with your tuner.

Now, onto the options.

Normal Functions:

Axle ratio - Different gears sizes for speedo adjustments
Tire rev per mile - Tire size adjustment for speedo
Drive and neutral target idle speed
Speed Limiter - Even though the tunes ahve this raised if you want to go off the charts then you can turn it on or off

Advanced Functions:

The Fuel Table 2-4K and 4-7K is the WOT target AFR adjustable throughout the RPM range
Spark advance 2-4K and 4-7K is the WOT Target timing adjustable throughout the RPM range
Global spark adder globally adds or removes timing from all timing tables (normally good for smal adjustments 1-3 deg +/-)
MAF curve param is a static adjustment to the entire airflow curve for MAF adjustments for different housings than is supported
Intake/Exhaust vlave closing and opening 1-2K and 3-7K - as you know the 5 liters have variable camshafts that move independantly of each other throughout the power band in real time these functions can modify what we currently have set in the tune or the stock tune. These functions require a dyno and should only be adjusted by your tuner or someone who has experience with them.

Rev Limits The new Mustangs, F150s, Raptors etc... Have multiple rev limiters anywhere from 4-7 of them varying from individual gears, neutral, Stage 3 (Last resort) and temperature so here they are:
Rev limit N - Neutral limiter vehicle either no in motion or in neutral limiter normally set around 4K ish rpm
Rev Limit S3 - This is the overall limiter kind of like the last resort if nothing else has worked this thing will cyclically kill the injectors and coils to stop the engine no matter what.
Soft limiters 1-5 are gear based especially in the mustangs they're set the same in tunes and maximizied to what was found on the dyno as with all of them.

Automatic Transmission only:


Part Throttle shift points - Adjusts part throttle shifting
WOT Shift RPM - Adjusts the shift RPM at WOT (provided they do not exceed the rev limiters)
Shift firmness - Global line pressure adjustments for transmission shifting

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:00 pm
by Vulture1
i just recived my i tune was trying to get tire size input , but its says tire size but is a 4 digit number so where do i get this?ive tried several calculators to nothing close any answers? emailed diablo but no responce

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:34 am
by mikel
what vehicle are you tuning exactly?

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:39 pm
by caseycochran02
what exactly does the shift firmness help with? every once and a while feels like my transmission slips when i hammer down on the gas. would adjusting the firmness help with this? should i make it more firm or less firm?

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:02 pm
by sohfast94
More firm. Might be the slip times as well. That is non adjustable with the tool.

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:02 pm
by john361746
I need help with this, I want to customize tire size and speedometer but it doesn't let me adjust parameters. It asks if I want to install pcm 87 octane which I already have done. What do I do?!

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:54 pm
by 06MonteSS
yes, you have to reinstall the tune... you have to make changes when you install a tune..

so select the tune you want to install.. then you would select to Modify Tune... then make your changes.. then install the tune...

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:05 pm
by john361746
I also forgot to add that it doesn't prompt me to modify anything. I select adjust parameters, and all it does is switch over and asks me if I want to tune to 87 octane and I clicked it again and it writes 87 octane and then asks me if I wish to continue tuning to hit continue. So I do that and it asks it again...same thing all in a loop. Is my truck just not compatable or am I doing something wrong?! :drivingbad:

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:19 pm
by mikel
john361746 wrote:I also forgot to add that it doesn't prompt me to modify anything. I select adjust parameters, and all it does is switch over and asks me if I want to tune to 87 octane and I clicked it again and it writes 87 octane and then asks me if I wish to continue tuning to hit continue. So I do that and it asks it again...same thing all in a loop. Is my truck just not compatable or am I doing something wrong?! :drivingbad:
can you post your info.xml file from the intune drive please?

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:23 pm
by john361746
Excuse me for being a little computer alliterate, but is this what you are looking for?





<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<tool_info>

<main svn="7842" sw_rev="1r04d" full_version="InTune-1r04d 08/15/2014 12:04:06 PM"/>

<registration status="0" sn="KUGFADA-8"/>

<cal_id PCM="BRBL4B4"/>

<restore bc="11" vin="1FT7W2B67BEB04002" id="0"/>

<system_db vin="1r01e" dtc="1r01a" info="1r01b"/>

<db pid="1r01b" tune="1r01d" mfr="DCX"/>

<db pid="1r01b" tune="1r01t" mfr="FORD"/>

<db pid="1r01a" tune="1r02e" mfr="GM"/>


-<license tuned="1" avail="1">

<tuned vin="1FT7W2B67BEB04002"/>

</license>

<updates count="1"/>

<oem tool_oem="DIABLO"/>

<reg reg="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"/>

</tool_info>





From what i have been told i should be able to write a tune, and then be prompted to modify the tune correct, put in my settings like tire size and do all the minor things and be done with it, corrrect? Issue is not being prompted to modify...iam sure iam doing something wrong..

I apologize, this is the first tuner ive ever had and i dont know very much about them.. :(

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:22 am
by FlyingMonkey
Where, and on what menu, do you see "Tire rev per mile" - Tire size adjustment for speedo? I only have the option for Tire Size Adjustment and it only gives me a number range of 500 up to 3600(or so). It says to enter tire circumference. Is this measurement in millimeters?

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:43 am
by stevenca
can someone answer the tire ciccumfrence question ?
my truck calls for 275/55/20 and i have 275/60/20 on and would like to adjust this...what number do i put in there? thanks

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:54 pm
by sohfast94
Go here http://www.csgnetwork.com/tiresizescalc.html

Then once you have the circumference in inches convert to millimeters by multiplying by 25.4

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:18 pm
by FlyingMonkey
I apologize if this isn't the correct forum. I have 2011 F150 KR Eco. - 4wd - 3.73 - 275/65/R20. I modified the parameters for the tire size, chose 3.75 for gear axle ratio. (no option for 3.73) Selected *Enable Tire Adjustment also *Axle ratio. I'm 3mph slower according to GPS? Why do I not have 3.73 option?

Thanks!

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:23 pm
by FlyingMonkey
Never mind. Found a previous post that answered my question. :roll:
http://www.diablosport.com/forum/viewto ... 44&t=49805

Thanks.