Page 1 of 1
Intune won't read Analog 2
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:59 am
by Slacker
I've got a fuel pressure sensor and a wideband sensor, both Aeroforce, with the outputs wired to a digikey plug (
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea ... CP-2204-ND). The FP sensor is wired to Analog 1 and the AF to analog 2. I have tested the outputs from the digikey plug and both outputs are sending the (approximately) right voltages. I configured the 2 analog inputs on the Intune and the FP sensor on analog 1 records properply (converts volts to psi), but the AF on analog 2 records nothing even though the volt output from the plug is 2.3-2.4 volts at idle. Any troubleshooting I can do to the Intune? I'm using the Intune on a 2008 Challenger and the Intune is up to date.
Re: Intune won't read Analog 2
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:18 am
by mikel
have you tried switching the devices from ch1/2 to see if the issue moves?
Re: Intune won't read Analog 2
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:12 am
by Slacker
Yes. I rewired the AF output to analog 1 and the FP output to analog 2 on the digikey cable and then reconfigured the inputs on my Intune. I got the correct AF readings from analog 1, but nothing for FP on analog 2. Again, if I check the volt output on the digikey cable, both analog 1 and analog 2 are putting out the expected volts, but only analog 1 reads on the Intune.
Re: Intune won't read Analog 2
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:18 am
by mikel
makes me wonder if the cable is not inserting all the way into the receptacle....
Re: Intune won't read Analog 2
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:31 am
by Slacker
Possibly. I didn't want to try forcing any further as it seems to be in as far as it will go, but I can try. Could there be an issue with the number of PID's I'm logging? Would the Intune "bump" analog 2 because it just can't read any more PID's?
Re: Intune won't read Analog 2
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:53 pm
by mikel
no, it will record quite a few it just slows down the sample rates...
Re: Intune won't read Analog 2
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:16 pm
by Slacker
I tested the cable end and it goes into the Intune as far as it can to the point where it "clicks", but it doesn't read analog 2. However, if I push hard on the cable it does start to read analog 2, but it's eratic, obviously because it's not making a solid connection. So, either the prong on the digikey cable is somehow too short or the Intune jack is buggered. When I look at the input jack on the Intune, it does not sit flush with the top of the Intune case. Is that how it's supposed to be? The input jack slightly recessed?
Re: Intune won't read Analog 2
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:02 pm
by Slacker
So, I cut/filed the base of the digikey plug to make the diameter small enough to fit into the Intune's recessed input. The plug is definitely in as far as possible now. I tested it with the ignition on (AF sensor sends 5 volts - confirmed with volt meter) and the Intune connection is eratic, bouncing between 10 - 19.98 (that's the scale I set analog 2 at in the set up). I'm guessing my Intune analog input connection is pooched and the only way to fix it is to ship to DS?
Re: Intune won't read Analog 2
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:15 pm
by mikel
we can check it out for sure.
Re: Intune won't read Analog 2
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:37 pm
by Slacker
Well, unfortunately for me, my warranty expired in May. I had purchased the Intune pro-actively ahead of when I would need it for my build. Again, unfortunately for me, the build took longer than expected and wasn't ready until a couple of weeks ago. Of course, as luck would have it, that's when I discover my Intune's analog input doesn't work properly- perfect. So, as I see it, my options are:
1. Keep it and live with the fact I can only use analog 1 input
2. In the middle of trying to get my new build tuned, ship my Intune from Alberta, Canada to DS in Florida, have DS check it out and possibly fix it and ship it back. Shipping there and back + diagnose/repair = ???? weeks and ????$$.
3. Bite the bullet, buy a new Intune and hope it works properly.
Hmmm, looks like I'll live with having an Intune that doesn't have all the functionality it was supposed to. Thanks for a great product.