Page 1 of 1

Low end power

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:59 am
by 06stallion
Hi, you guys have a great product and it has done wonders on my 06 mustang gt. I have a slight issue though. I programed the car, using some of your suggestive tunes with some modifications. The issue is when I punch it from a dead stop, I don"t have that instant throttle response. High end... The car is a animal! Can you please help.

Thanks 8)

RE: Low end power

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:01 am
by christina
What modifications did you make?

RE: Low end power

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:26 pm
by 06stallion
The modifications that I made on the car are... BBK Intake system, BBK Throttle Body, BBK Underdrive Pulleys, BBK Headers, Mac H-Pipe, Solid Drive shaft, 3.73 gear, flowmaster exhaust, and your progamer. Please let me know what I should do. Thank you very much. :D

RE: Low end power

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:05 pm
by acascianelli
If you don't already have one, get a custom dyno tune. I don't know of any mail order tuners that can properly tune for the BBK throttle body.

Are you an auto or manual? If you're a manual, you already have 3.55 gears and going to 3.73 might not give you the results you want. Look into 4.10's if your a manual.

RE: Low end power

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:35 pm
by 06stallion
My Mustang is a automatic. I went from a 3.23 to a 3.73. The issue is when i put pedal to the metal, there is no instant throttle response.

RE: Low end power

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:37 pm
by acascianelli
What kind of tune do you have?

RE: Low end power

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:40 am
by samzram
you have to be sure to turn traction controll off so car doesnt defuel at bottom end.my 06 pulls super hard at bottom end with it off.

RE: Low end power

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:26 pm
by 06stallion
I just put in the steeda firm shift tune (diablo predator) with some mods in the tune. The traction control is programed (off). The car runs like an animal when the car whines up. But out of the gate, the car can't even squak the tires.

RE: Low end power

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:26 pm
by bandersson
Since there is no restriction in breathing at low RPMs your mods, other than the gears, do little for you at low RPMs. They should all give you a significant increase at high RPMs though. With 3.73s I'm VERY surprised that you can't "squak" the tires from the gate though so there is definitely something very wrong with your tune I would think. Unfortunately, in my experience, most bolt-ons will help you at high RPMs but does very little, at best, in the low range. Positive boost (i.e. supercharger) is about the only thing that helps you across the entire RPM range.

RE: Low end power

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:47 pm
by 06stallion
Well, It just looks like that I will have to get a custom tune. Is there anyone who knows some one that knows his stuff on Mustangs in the Central Florida area?? Please let me know. Thanks for the imput.