Page 1 of 1

Diablo Tune (93)-Wow!!!

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:43 am
by teacher dave
Have been running the 91 tune on my 2012 Charger SXT for the last 3 weeks. Just filled up with 94 and re-tuned to the Diablo tune, wow, what a difference! It's like a completely different car. More power and torque through all rpm ranges and the sound of the engine has taken on a "nasty" growl, even with stock muffler set up.
One question though, if I revert to stock tune, is this to be used with 87 or 89 octane? If I have a cai, is this not a "good" tune to be running at? Would I have to make some minor parameter tweaks? With the Diablo tune, I can sense the car needs a little more fuel in the mid to higher rpm ranges, should I look at and adjust afr in the WOT menus?
Thanks, and great product Diablo!! :)

Re: Diablo Tune (93)-Wow!!!

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:34 am
by oilslick
You can still use 94 octane when you revert back to the stock tune. You just won't notice the extra power.

As far as the CAI, just add 5% more fuel at the top RPM's or WOT.

Re: Diablo Tune (93)-Wow!!!

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:55 am
by teacher dave
oilslick wrote:You can still use 94 octane when you revert back to the stock tune. You just won't notice the extra power.

As far as the CAI, just add 5% more fuel at the top RPM's or WOT.
Thanks for the response. Do I have to make any spark adjustments too, what about throttle increase?

Re: Diablo Tune (93)-Wow!!!

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:21 am
by oilslick
You can play with the throttle boost but I'd forget about the spark adj.'s unless you data log and know what you're doing. 8)

Re: Diablo Tune (93)-Wow!!!

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:58 pm
by teacher dave
thanks. :)

Re: Diablo Tune (93)-Wow!!!

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:49 pm
by djnotte
You say that you are running a CAI? i got a 2012 sxt stock except i find the 91 tune way better. maybe the cai is all the difference?