Fuel Consumption
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:03 pm
Hey guys, great product first of all, it really tied everything together.
2007 Mustang GT, 5 speed stick
Airaid Cold Air intake
poweraid throttle body spacer.
my fuel efficiency was better after i ran the tune and had the cold air intake installed. i was getting roughly 23 on the streets and 27 on the highway, i dont know how, but im not complaining.
I just added a borla exhaust this weekend, its a straight flow through design with perforations in the inner tube. I have gained a little bit of power, but i have lost my fuel efficiency. it has dropped to 17 on the streets and about 22 on the highway.
im wondering if this extra flow in the exhaust is making the MAF read more airflow and dumping more fuel into the engine. how can i compensate for this modification and save myself some pennies at the pump, cause im already using 91 octane because of the tune.
I wouldnt mind the excessive use of fuel at wide open throttle, but dealing with my commute, i want to remain as efficient as possible.
Any help would be great. Thanks!
2007 Mustang GT, 5 speed stick
Airaid Cold Air intake
poweraid throttle body spacer.
my fuel efficiency was better after i ran the tune and had the cold air intake installed. i was getting roughly 23 on the streets and 27 on the highway, i dont know how, but im not complaining.
I just added a borla exhaust this weekend, its a straight flow through design with perforations in the inner tube. I have gained a little bit of power, but i have lost my fuel efficiency. it has dropped to 17 on the streets and about 22 on the highway.
im wondering if this extra flow in the exhaust is making the MAF read more airflow and dumping more fuel into the engine. how can i compensate for this modification and save myself some pennies at the pump, cause im already using 91 octane because of the tune.
I wouldnt mind the excessive use of fuel at wide open throttle, but dealing with my commute, i want to remain as efficient as possible.
Any help would be great. Thanks!