Page 1 of 1

Used tuner

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:32 pm
by Richardpietkiewicz
I am looking at buying a used u7146 from a guy who used it on his mustang, is it true that it will be locked or not and if so how much will it cost to unlock it? I am hearing all different things around the internet and wasn't sure what actually happens.

Re: Used tuner

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:14 am
by sohfast94
Go to options -> troubleshooting -> show last tune written and tell me what the tool says.

Re: Used tuner

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:20 pm
by russo
Richardpietkiewicz wrote:I am looking at buying a used u7146 from a guy who used it on his mustang, is it true that it will be locked or not and if so how much will it cost to unlock it? I am hearing all different things around the internet and wasn't sure what actually happens.
If it is locked there is a $129 fee to reset the device.