'13 MDS wont turn off

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

dtru1222

'13 MDS wont turn off

Post by dtru1222 »

I updated the trinity and loaded the 91 tune. After 30 minutes of it reading/saving my stock back up I finally got to the install/modify tune screen. I changed the MDS to off and added 5% throttle boost. Checked the options/last tune written page to ensure that the 91 tune had been applied. Took it for a test spin and I could instantly notice the reduced torque management but while cruising at 60 I can hear/feel it switch to 4 cylinder mode. I tried to load the 91 again, same thing. Tried to reload the original tune, another 40 minutes.. then reload the 91 tune and still the same thing.

A couple of people over at CT said that it worked for them on the 93 tune so I will try it out today but being in Dallas, we have crappy gas and im afraid there will be too much KR.
garrett
Site Admin

Re: '13 MDS wont turn off

Post by garrett »

Can you post a copy of your last tune written? We can take a look at the tune to make sure the MDS is turned off.

Also, if you have the gauge cluster that allows you to view different settings on the vehicle, you should have an option for MDS to see when its engaging.
dtru1222

Post by dtru1222 »

garrett wrote:Can you post a copy of your last tune written? We can take a look at the tune to make sure the MDS is turned off.

Also, if you have the gauge cluster that allows you to view different settings on the vehicle, you should have an option for MDS to see when its engaging.
Awesome, I didnt know about that one. I will post it as soon as I can but that wont be till later today.

I installed the 93 tune and its still using MDS.

There was also a pretty scary moment. In the middle of writing the 93 tune my gauge cluster shut off and pushing the start button did nothing. The tuner was telling me to turn it to the on position but nothing was happening but my air conditioning lights were still on.. I had to pop the push button and use my key, fortunately it worked but the tune failed. When I started it up there was a loud ticking that was much louder than any ticking I have ever heard on these 5.7's. It only lasted a couple of seconds and went away but it was enough to cause concern. I checked the monitoring to see if there were any misfires but it read 0.

The only thing I did differently this time was that I let the vehicle warm up and was pumping the AC to cool down the car in case I had to sit for another 30 min. While the car was running I selected my tune and modified it. I shut the car off right before hitting the install tune button.
LEDSLEDCHARGERRT

Post by LEDSLEDCHARGERRT »

so has this happened to anyone else yet?? updated my t-1000 last night installed tune everything got accepted
and then after starting engine I get the P0601 code and car will not run it starts up barely then dies a few seconds later!!! I have installed tons of programmers and know that A/C, radio, lights ect.. needs to be turned off I even disconnected my amp to make sure there was now extra power draw coming from anywhere its not rocket science. took car to the shop this morning to find out that my pcm is ruined. so brand new car with less than 6000miles not cool at all what should I do now?? send the tuner back and give up!!! Btw im not bagging on anybody I love diablo and all the technology they are able to generate I just wish this wouldn't have happened. I also have a 2013 Durango RT that id like to put the T-1000 on just want to make sure this isn't going to damage that pcm as well!!
lol!! :lol:
ktmoney1

CAR WONT START!!! TRINITY

Post by ktmoney1 »

I JUST PUT A TUNE ON MY CAR AND IN THE MIDDLE OF IT SAID TUNE COULD NOT BE SAVED SO I TRYED RESTOREING MY ORIGINAL TUNE BACK AND NOW ITS SAYING - CANT RESTORE ORIGINAL BACKUP IT WAS ALREADY RESTORED OR WAS NEVER SAVED SO NOW I CANT EVEN START MY CAR!!
sharkcohen

Post by sharkcohen »

Guys give Diablo Sport a call on Monday they should be able to walk you through restoring your PCM.
nugzo

Post by nugzo »

I havent seen 1 positive post about a 13 tune yet.. I hope they get the bugs out soon. (before my trinity arrives)
dtru1222

Post by dtru1222 »

Nugzo,
My car feels like a true 400 HP car now... thats the positive side. For the automatics it makes a huge difference, cant say for the manual.

Before the tune the best 0-60 I ever got was a 5.1 and that was only one time. I usually pull a 5.3 to 5.6. The first and only time I tried after the tune 5.07.

I will try to upload the file soon
dtru1222

Post by dtru1222 »

Ok this is the last tune written
Attachments
PCM_68171360AC_Perf_93oct_modified.drg
(2.25 KiB) Downloaded 530 times
dtru1222

Post by dtru1222 »

on another note, how do you save a PID layout on your computer?
dtru1222

Post by dtru1222 »

garrett wrote:Can you post a copy of your last tune written? We can take a look at the tune to make sure the MDS is turned off.

If there is a PID that monitors MDS then I am missing it. I went through the whole list and didnt find it. What is the PID name?
garrett
Site Admin

Post by garrett »

dtru1222 wrote:

If there is a PID that monitors MDS then I am missing it. I went through the whole list and didnt find it. What is the PID name?

I meant on your vehicles dash, do you have the screen in the middle of the cluster? If so there should be a function for monitoring if mds is turning on
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

sharkcohen wrote:Guys give Diablo Sport a call on Monday they should be able to walk you through restoring your PCM.
Monday is a holiday... they won't be back in the office until Tuesday....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
dtru1222

Post by dtru1222 »

garrett wrote:
dtru1222 wrote:

I meant on your vehicles dash, do you have the screen in the middle of the cluster? If so there should be a function for monitoring if mds is turning on
Oh you mean the ECO identifier. That doesnt necessarily mean that it is in 4 cyl mode. It just means that you are driving efficiently. Even with MDS turned off the indicator will still come on. I can tell its going into 4 cyl mode by the sound and the slight jolt it gives when going in and out of MDS.

Were you able to take a look at the tune?
sharkcohen

Post by sharkcohen »

06MonteSS wrote:
sharkcohen wrote:Guys give Diablo Sport a call on Monday they should be able to walk you through restoring your PCM.
Monday is a holiday... they won't be back in the office until Tuesday....
Woops my bad.