Page 1 of 2

Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:34 pm
by sbustillos6
Hi, I just bought my I-1000 DCX tuner for my 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.7L HEMI, it has the express package. It is a 4x2 regular cab with the dual exhaust. I set the Rev Limiter and Throttle Response to the highest possible, I also changed the 1-2 and 2-3 Shift Point to the highest possible, which is 6200 RPMs, but it only revs to 5600 at WOT from 1-2 and the same for 3-4. I installed the 91 octane tune. Please help! I saw a post where you guys gave someone a tune and the customer was satisfied with it, he had the same problem as me. Can you send me a tune where the shift points are adjusted to the highest possible RPMs? Here is my current tune:

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:55 pm
by sbustillos6
I meant 1-2 shift and 2-3 shifts, my bad

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:37 pm
by mikel
sbustillos6 wrote:I meant 1-2 shift and 2-3 shifts, my bad
whew, I was on my out the door for the weekend and I saw this, enjoy your weekend shifting at 6200 RPM :)

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:40 pm
by sbustillos6
Thanx a lot! How do I upload the tune you gave me to my truck? Thanks in advance! :P

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:08 pm
by sbustillos6
Nevermind, I did it already. It works great! If at some point I decide that 6200 RPMs are a lot I can change it, right? Thanks for the quick response, Mikel!

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:01 pm
by mikel
next update will make it so you can adjust it yourself.

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:29 pm
by sbustillos6
Ok thanks Mikel. I have another question: How can I make my shifts firmer?

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:48 am
by cbrain
I have the same problem in my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland 5,7

Is posible that mike could send me a tune for my Cherokee

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 am
by cbrain
mikel wrote:
sbustillos6 wrote:I meant 1-2 shift and 2-3 shifts, my bad
whew, I was on my out the door for the weekend and I saw this, enjoy your weekend shifting at 6200 RPM :)


I have the same problem in my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland 5,7

Is posible that mike could send me a tune for my Cherokee

Thanks
Carlos

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:42 pm
by mikel
sbustillos6 wrote:Ok thanks Mikel. I have another question: How can I make my shifts firmer?
not much that can be done there, that leads to trans issues on the Rams.

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:43 pm
by mikel
cbrain wrote:
mikel wrote:
sbustillos6 wrote:I meant 1-2 shift and 2-3 shifts, my bad
whew, I was on my out the door for the weekend and I saw this, enjoy your weekend shifting at 6200 RPM :)


I have the same problem in my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland 5,7

Is posible that mike could send me a tune for my Cherokee

Thanks
Carlos
there is no shift point adjust for that application, this thread was about rams that were not accepting the raised shift point values.

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:05 pm
by AllUSA
I can help out also. If you want to email me the last written tune and the back up to [email protected]

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:36 pm
by mandovqz
mikel wrote:next update will make it so you can adjust it yourself.

i also have a 2012 ram since i purchase dcx i never could adjust the shift points i have them at 6200 and they still shift at around 5700 is there a update to slove that issues or would you need my last tune attachment to slove the issues

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:31 am
by mikel
mandovqz wrote:
mikel wrote:next update will make it so you can adjust it yourself.

i also have a 2012 ram since i purchase dcx i never could adjust the shift points i have them at 6200 and they still shift at around 5700 is there a update to slove that issues or would you need my last tune attachment to slove the issues
load this, reset parameters, and enjoy :)

6200 for all shifts except 3-4 which is at 6000.

Re: Ram 2012 Shift Points

Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:25 am
by jerseymike
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Express 6 speed. Can you please fix my tune so it shifts at 6200 rpms. Currently the 1-2 is set at 6000 and shifts at 6000 and the 2-4 is set at 6000 and shifts at 5700. I tried adjusting the HF tune to raise the shift points, also tried going back to the stock tune then reloading the HF tune. Please help. Also tried to manually shift but missed a shift and hit the rev limiter at 6200. :normal: I would like to shift at 6200. Thanks.