Page 1 of 1

False Knock ( View my Log)

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:41 pm
by iRace559
I've now run three different brands of 93 octane gas on both the 93 and 91 maps. I am still getting constant knock issues regardless of what I do.

Im currently running the 91 map with +5 percent fuel across the range. I'm even getting knock during partial throttle situations. At this point I believe this may be a case of false knock. Ive attached my log file, if anyone would like to view it and give me feedback Id greatly appreciate it. I did notice that when I would blip the gas while crusing slowly I would get a high knock reading. Could it be possible that the added noise under the hood from the speedlogix intake could be picked up by the knock sensors? I know its a long shot but its something ive thought about.

Kind of getting fed up at this point.

Re: False Knock ( View my Log)

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:06 pm
by sharkcohen
It can be frustrating. I had a lot of the same issues. I've finally settled on running 94 octane in mine with the 93 tune and 5% fuel. No more knock and the car is a BEAST. The 94 octane is almost 6 bucks a gallon here, but I'm only filling up this car about once a month. If 93 octane is the highest you can get, run the 91 tune. You'll need to find fuel that doesn't give you trouble.

If you can't get the knock out, I would recommend getting a CMR tune. You can find someone local, or there are several awesome tuners that can tune your car remotely and even by email.

Re: False Knock ( View my Log)

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:32 pm
by dtru1222
Log your knock then on the next tank fill up with 93 from Chevron or BP and go to autozone or o reillys and get some NOS octane booster with the nitro methane. They make a few different ones that say +3 or +7 full points. Look for the 7 but if you cant find it try the 3. Fill your tank with it and then do some logs. If your knock has gone down then it is true knock.

Re: False Knock ( View my Log)

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:40 am
by iRace559
That was actually something I was thinking of doing. I'll give it a try and post my results. Hard to imagine that the majority the 93 octane gas in my town is bad.

Re: False Knock ( View my Log)

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:25 am
by dtru1222
I live in the DFW area and I get knock no matter what I use. Chevron has been the best that I have found so far but the only way I have completely eliminated it was with the booster.

Re: False Knock ( View my Log)

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:08 am
by iRace559
No luck still. Something has to be wrong.

Running the 91 tune, with 93 fuel, added the NOS octane booster, +10% fuel across the board. Still getting up to 2.5 degrees of knock. It just doesn't make sense. Its extremely frustrating. Very close to just returning it to stock.

Re: False Knock ( View my Log)

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:09 pm
by Ufoldfirst
what are you driving?