Trinity and 2014 Jeep GC SRT - Performance?
Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:06 am
A little background info: My 2014 Jeep GC SRT is a GERMAN market car (export car).
Dealer installed a sport exhaust system (cats are still OEM), everything else is stock.
Drove over 700 km in it and the SRT Performance Gauge (in Uconnect) showed 336 kW maximum power at some points.
Fuel quality used has been always 100 octane (Germany), which is probably something around 93/94 octane in the US.
I do not know what fuel octane rating Chrysler recommends for the German car, but usually German manufacturers require 95-98 octane (89/90-93/94 US).
Yesterday, my dealer installed a K&N air filter (just exchanged it with the OEM filter) and just to try it, the Trinity.
Dealer is very experienced with the Trinity system and software/tuning. He installed HIS new Trinity software, I didn't adapt anything myself.
Dealer claimed that he switched to the original Trinity 93 octane setting, the better throttle response, he raised the rev limiter by 250 rpm and removed the speed limiter(?), also did some other minor mods based on this tuning experience (which is HUGE...he installs for example the 6.4 l engine in into the Wrangler and other US cars or he does classic stroker tuning to 7.3 l, etc.).
Long story short: After he installed the K&N air filter and "his" Trinity software, the SRT Performance Gauge suddenly showed a maximum power of 375 kW instead of the previous 336 kW. This would be an increase of 53(!!!) horses. Impossible in my opinion.
So what's the deal here? Did the Trinity software "mess" with the Performance Gauge values or does my car really have now 53 hp more? 375 kW translate into 510 hp, which would be huge from a software based tune only.
The car feels powerful, throttle response is better but I cannot say I feel a power increase of 53 hp (which I WOULD feel...I guess).
Also, another stupid question: Dealer left the Trinity display unit installed but I can see only the rpm figure, nothing else. Do I need to use a PC to adapt the other gauges to show engine values or can I do it just by using the Trinity itself. I haven't received a manual with the device and the manual available on the internet didn't really help much.
Thanks for any input.
Btw: So far, no issues with the Trinity, knock on wood. Like I said, dealer did everything, I didn't mess with the settings.
Dealer installed a sport exhaust system (cats are still OEM), everything else is stock.
Drove over 700 km in it and the SRT Performance Gauge (in Uconnect) showed 336 kW maximum power at some points.
Fuel quality used has been always 100 octane (Germany), which is probably something around 93/94 octane in the US.
I do not know what fuel octane rating Chrysler recommends for the German car, but usually German manufacturers require 95-98 octane (89/90-93/94 US).
Yesterday, my dealer installed a K&N air filter (just exchanged it with the OEM filter) and just to try it, the Trinity.
Dealer is very experienced with the Trinity system and software/tuning. He installed HIS new Trinity software, I didn't adapt anything myself.
Dealer claimed that he switched to the original Trinity 93 octane setting, the better throttle response, he raised the rev limiter by 250 rpm and removed the speed limiter(?), also did some other minor mods based on this tuning experience (which is HUGE...he installs for example the 6.4 l engine in into the Wrangler and other US cars or he does classic stroker tuning to 7.3 l, etc.).
Long story short: After he installed the K&N air filter and "his" Trinity software, the SRT Performance Gauge suddenly showed a maximum power of 375 kW instead of the previous 336 kW. This would be an increase of 53(!!!) horses. Impossible in my opinion.
So what's the deal here? Did the Trinity software "mess" with the Performance Gauge values or does my car really have now 53 hp more? 375 kW translate into 510 hp, which would be huge from a software based tune only.
The car feels powerful, throttle response is better but I cannot say I feel a power increase of 53 hp (which I WOULD feel...I guess).
Also, another stupid question: Dealer left the Trinity display unit installed but I can see only the rpm figure, nothing else. Do I need to use a PC to adapt the other gauges to show engine values or can I do it just by using the Trinity itself. I haven't received a manual with the device and the manual available on the internet didn't really help much.
Thanks for any input.
Btw: So far, no issues with the Trinity, knock on wood. Like I said, dealer did everything, I didn't mess with the settings.