2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
swboyd87
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 pm

2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by swboyd87 »

Curious if there was a timeline for support on the 2014 SS Sedan? I had been in contact with Mike Mendiburo last month, and we were trying to backup my PCM so that I could send the stock tune, but after updating my intune it will not recognize the vehicle. I used the device on my 2011 Camaro SS and was thrilled with the results, and I'd love to tweak the new car as well. Thanks!
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by mikel »

the tool will not read the stock tune out of the SS?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
swboyd87
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by swboyd87 »

mikel wrote:the tool will not read the stock tune out of the SS?
Mike that is correct. I did not have the most current software on the tool initially, and at that point it would read the VIN, but obviously there were no supplied tunes so there were no adjustments to be made. After doing the software update as instructed, and plugging into the vehicle it says "PCM not supported, contact Diablosport".
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by mikel »

did you choose the modify stock tune option to let it try to read the backup?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
swboyd87
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by swboyd87 »

At the main menu the only option I can select is "tune vehicle". When I select that, it processes for about 10-15 seconds, and then reads "vehicle not supported, contact diablosport". I was incorrect about the error message earlier, but I just went and plugged into my car to double check everything.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by mikel »

swboyd87 wrote:At the main menu the only option I can select is "tune vehicle". When I select that, it processes for about 10-15 seconds, and then reads "vehicle not supported, contact diablosport". I was incorrect about the error message earlier, but I just went and plugged into my car to double check everything.
can you post the info.xml file from the intune drive please?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
swboyd87
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by swboyd87 »

Here you go.
Attachments
info.xml
(4.28 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
swboyd87
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by swboyd87 »

Mike, any updates?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by mikel »

it seems to be an e38, which we should be able to read easily, we may have to test it on the bench to see why its not working for you.

Are there are files in the runtime folder on the intune drive?
if so, post them here please.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
swboyd87
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by swboyd87 »

mikel wrote:it seems to be an e38, which we should be able to read easily, we may have to test it on the bench to see why its not working for you.

Are there are files in the runtime folder on the intune drive?
if so, post them here please.

Thanks
Mike this is all that shows up:
Attachments
runtime_00.dbg
(840.56 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by mikel »

looking into this.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
swboyd87
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by swboyd87 »

mikel wrote:looking into this.
Good Afternoon Mike, just checking in to see if there were any updates?
swboyd87
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by swboyd87 »

Guess not?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by mikel »

sorry i missed this, no, I havent seen anything new, but I havent given up....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
swboyd87
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: 2014 Chevy SS Sedan Support

Post by swboyd87 »

mikel wrote:sorry i missed this, no, I havent seen anything new, but I havent given up....

Still no love?
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”