Installing on 2015 SHO
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:37 pm
Okay people! I purchased a Trinity for my 2015 SHO. What an experience this was.
I will not tell you all of the issues and problems I had trying to save my original MAP file. First it takes about one hour to save your original PCM file to the Trinity. Try telling your SHO to stay alive for one hour. It will not happen. It keeps shutting off. There's nothing like getting through 45% of downloading the original program after 30 minutes and then having it fail.
After many attempts at trying to save my original PCM MAP to the Trinity I finally came upon a solution.
At the beginning, the Trinity tells you to turn the ignition on, left but do not start the vehicle. Bull! Here's what I did to succeed.
First I started my car.
Next, I told Trinity to install the Premium octane map.
I left the car running for about one hour while it downloaded the original PCM MAP to the Trinity .
When it was done uploading, it told me it was done uploading and had a button to continue.
I shut the engine off, then turned the ignition on by pressing the start button twice.
I then pushed the continue button on the Trinity.
It took about one minute to download the premium fuel performance MAP to my SHO.
I hope my experience helps other 2015 SHO owners who bought a Trinity.
Sure seems like early XP cloogy software to me.
I will not tell you all of the issues and problems I had trying to save my original MAP file. First it takes about one hour to save your original PCM file to the Trinity. Try telling your SHO to stay alive for one hour. It will not happen. It keeps shutting off. There's nothing like getting through 45% of downloading the original program after 30 minutes and then having it fail.
After many attempts at trying to save my original PCM MAP to the Trinity I finally came upon a solution.
At the beginning, the Trinity tells you to turn the ignition on, left but do not start the vehicle. Bull! Here's what I did to succeed.
First I started my car.
Next, I told Trinity to install the Premium octane map.
I left the car running for about one hour while it downloaded the original PCM MAP to the Trinity .
When it was done uploading, it told me it was done uploading and had a button to continue.
I shut the engine off, then turned the ignition on by pressing the start button twice.
I then pushed the continue button on the Trinity.
It took about one minute to download the premium fuel performance MAP to my SHO.
I hope my experience helps other 2015 SHO owners who bought a Trinity.
Sure seems like early XP cloogy software to me.