Page 1 of 1
InTune touchscreen very intermittant
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:51 pm
by ard103
Just received the In Tune today, updated it and took it to the truck.
had a heck of a time with the touchscreen to get it to recognize a selection.
The main icons for tune, scan and settings work OK, but once I get into the tune vehicle screen the icons there do not respond very well at all.
I did get it to take the Diablo tune, but it was a little scary.
How can I get the touch screen to work properly?
Thanks
Re: InTune touchscreen very intermittant
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:42 pm
by ard103
I emailed Tech Support, talked with Mike, he had me send him some codes from the In Tune, then sent me a password to do the screen calibration.
Seems much more accurate now, using a closed pen as a stylus makes a big difference too.
Re: InTune touchscreen very intermittant
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:45 pm
by mikel
glad to hear it.
Re: InTune touchscreen very intermittant
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:46 pm
by 06MonteSS
nice! That Mike guy's alright sometimes...

Re: InTune touchscreen very intermittant
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:06 pm
by ard103
I have only had one question so far, so he is 100% for me so far.
And thanks for the tune Lew, returned in less than an hour, that is customer service at its best.
Re: InTune touchscreen very intermittant
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:42 pm
by rhricik
The inTune uses a resistive touch-screen instead of the capacitive touch-screens that smartphones/tablets use. This means that it really works better with a plastic pointer - it needs sharp pressure to register the "touch". I use a spare stylus from an old first-generation hand-held device (Palm Pilot) and it works great. As a last resort, your fingernail (if you have them) also works better than the pad of your finger. This isn't an iPhone/Android device!