Predator U7137x DSdownloader cannot find the device

Post any issues or questions regarding the inTune auto updater application, or any PC related issues here.
Post Reply
Wildfire
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Predator U7137x DSdownloader cannot find the device

Post by Wildfire »

Hi,
Running Windows 8.1, installed the latest prolific drivers on this products webpage http://www.diablosport.com/support-sear ... ?pid=U7137 and my computer doesn't recognize the device and DSdownloader cannot find it. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and attempted to run it on my old vista machine to no avail. If someone could help me figure this out I would appreciate it.
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: Predator U7137x DSdownloader cannot find the device

Post by 06MonteSS »

sounds like a bad usb/serial cable.. get a new cable...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Wildfire
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Re: Predator U7137x DSdownloader cannot find the device

Post by Wildfire »

Any recommendations on a cable? I noticed there are a lot of options for usb to serial cables and I don't want to pay less just to find out its a junk cable.
chad0426
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: Predator U7137x DSdownloader cannot find the device

Post by chad0426 »

Wildfire wrote:Hi,
Running Windows 8.1, installed the latest prolific drivers on this products webpage http://www.diablosport.com/support-sear ... ?pid=U7137 and my computer doesn't recognize the device and DSdownloader cannot find it. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and attempted to run it on my old vista machine to no avail. If someone could help me figure this out I would appreciate it.


I'm running Windows 8.1 too and having the same issues connecting my Pred U-7135. I purchased a USB cord from Diablo, the brand is (Sabrent). Anyhow, no go it still doesn't connect to the tuner. I even disabled driver signature verification.

I was going to upgrade to the Trinity but I'm not going to throw away $600 if I can't get the Pred to connect.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Predator U7137x DSdownloader cannot find the device

Post by mikel »

the issue there is with the usb to serial, not our hardware....trinity works great with 8.1 :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
chad0426
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: Predator U7137x DSdownloader cannot find the device

Post by chad0426 »

Went to Best Buy and picked up an Insignia USB serial adapter and now everything works. SWEET!
Post Reply

Return to “Auto Updater/PC related issues”