Page 1 of 2

2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:05 pm
by Airjack
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm going to ask anyway. I have a 2014 5.3 Silverado and have been playing with the shift pressures in the part throttle section. The problem I have is the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift has a delay before it shifts. I can feel my body move forward then back. Lol. I have turned the power management off and set the pressure all the way up but it still has a slight delay. WOT isn't bad but would like a little more firmness. Is this normal or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:26 pm
by mikel
please post the files from the tunes folder on the intune drive.

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:09 pm
by Airjack
Here they are.

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:20 pm
by Airjack
Any word on this? Thanks.

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:25 am
by Zach
Are you utilizing the Throttle Boost function in the PCM adjustable parameters?

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:56 am
by Airjack
Yes sir. I have it set at 15. It's like the 1-2 shift is still on stock setting with power management
and all.

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:31 am
by Zach
Load this up please and let me know how it does

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:09 pm
by Airjack
Ok I'll let you know. Have to wait till after work.

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:10 pm
by Airjack
Sorry but it still shifts stock from 1-2. Like I said before it's like the power management is taking over because I get a delay then shift in all gears but 1-2 is real bad. Not saying I want a dragster but I like a firm quick shift.

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:08 pm
by sarah_ima64
I have the same problems with my Sierra and Silverado and my brother with hp tuners very nice shifting, any lag and very hardest

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:24 pm
by Zach
Airjack,

Please load this tune up and let me know.

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:53 am
by Airjack
Zach, 1-2 still has a bad lag but everything else is ok.

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:26 am
by Zach
Please get me a datalog, and try to note how far into the log the issue is preset.

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:01 pm
by Geemanss
Having the same issue with my tune..
1-2 shifts are slightly improved, I would like to hear a chirp going in to 2nd gear..
Thanks
2014 Chevy Silverado 5.3

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:41 pm
by Airjack
Zach, About 2-3 minutes into the log are part throttle shifts and one WOT at the very end. Thanks.
3GCPCRECXEG518424_00.log
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 358 times