calid not compatible?

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

09srt6
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 pm

calid not compatible?

Post by 09srt6 »

I have a 2009 chrysler 300 limited 3.5l v6 42rle trans, I have an unmarried predator u7163 2005-2010 lh/lx v6. I am unable to tune anything, it just says calid not compatible.... my calid is 68026422AH. why is it not compatible?
09srt6
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by 09srt6 »

tried everything and still no option to downgrade calid
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by mikel »

whats the revision on the tool?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
09srt6
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by 09srt6 »

The tool has the most recent version and is completely updated. So after I made my first post, I called your customer support and was told that the calid I am listing is for a 2.7l engine and that I need it changed by Chrysler. Now after months of back and forth with them, they swear that the ECU in my car is correct and is a 3.5l HO. They updated the ECU with what they tell me is the newest software version for my car. I got the car back today and the predator still tells me that the calid is unsupported and a tool update may be available. I guess what I want to know is, is there a way to force downgrade the calid? Or have I wasted all that time and money on a product that will not work on my car?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by mikel »

that cal, is, according to Chrysler, for a 2.7, not a 3.5:

2009 LX 2.7L 50S WO/ABS PCM 05150246AD
05150246AE
68026422AD
68026422AE
68026422AF
68026422AG
68026422AH
68026422AI
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
09srt6
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by 09srt6 »

So pretty much Chrysler lied to me and charged me not once, not twice, but three times to flash my 3.5l car's ecu with 2.7l specs? Is that possible?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by mikel »

my guess is that it is actually a 2.7...?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
09srt6
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by 09srt6 »

I just got back from the dealership, I showed them this conversation and he was all red and said "oh oh oh I misunderstood what you wanted" he actually thought I wanted my 3.5 programed like a 2.7 for better mpg or something. Now I have an appointment for next week to get it flashed back to factory 3.5 specs. I bought the car understanding that it was a 3.5 car, but with all this crap going on I started to wonder if it were a 2.7 that someone put a 3.5 upper intake on. But sure enough it it a 3.5 and I believe the dealer service guys must all live under the same high voltage power lines. Hopefully next week all will be good.
09srt6
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by 09srt6 »

I also wanted to say that I have the whiplash m90 supercharger that I would like to install, is there a canned tune for that? Or what is the procedure to get a custom tune for it?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by mikel »

they cant load 2.7 files to a 3.5, not sure what they are telling you....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
09srt6
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by 09srt6 »

They are telling me that for whatever reason that somehow my 3.5 ECU was wiped clean and 2.7 info was flashed onto it. Kinda like if my 3.5 ECU died, I could go to a junkyard and get an ECU from a 2.7 car and they would flash it to work in my car. That is what they are telling me.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by mikel »

a 3.5 will not run with a 2.7 cal. No offense, but they have no clue what they are talking about, find a different dealer :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
09srt6
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by 09srt6 »

ok so I bought a 3.5 car, the predator worked fine with it, I had back to the dealer for a recall service so i put the 3.5 car back to stock and had the service done. while there the dealer said it needed a ecu update and went ahead and did it. I get the car back and the predator does not work with it and tells me that the calid is not supported, i call you and you tell me it wont work cause it is a 2.7 ecu and that the car must be a 2.7 cause the 2.7 will not run a 3.5 car. now either the 2.7 ecu will run a 3.5 car or the dealer stole my 3.5 engine and replaced it with a 2.7.................. I am a reasonably smart guy, I have been doing engine swaps and rebuilds for 2 decades, including a 1993 dodge shadow converted to rear wheel drive and powered by a 440, a 2001 dakota big block swap and a 94 dakota big block swap. I have built and use my own cnc mill, cnc lathe, cnc router, 3d printer and a few other cool toys. but dealing with this car has me feeling like a full blown retard..................
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by mikel »

well, I am not sure how they could have done such a thing, If it is a 3.5 and they get the correct cal in it will work.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
09srt6
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: calid not compatible?

Post by 09srt6 »

Ok now I have a new problem. I finally got my ECU issues resolved last Friday, so I tried to tune my car and got the "application missing or corrupt " message. So 3 days and 5 different computers using 3 different operating systems ( xp, vista, and windows 7) I cannot get the thing to update, out of thousands of attempts only a handful actually made it to the end of the file transfer but still missing or corrupt. All other try's ended with "file transfer failed" please help me fix it please
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Dodge Gas”