Page 1 of 2
Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:06 am
by Bulldog3071
I used my Diablo tune for the first time this weekend, the loading of the tune could not be any easier. Prior to installing the tune I read and re-read all the instruction bothe quick guide and the longer more detailed PDF version on the website. What struck me as as odd was when I went to select my tune I planning to add the 93 Octane tune as that is what I run in my 2010 Camaro all the time and when the menu came up it had the following:
Diablo Tune
91 Octane tune
Their was no 93 octane tune listed, what is the Diablotune? I did not update the device as I don't have a computer, I just use a IPad, plan on updating when I get a laptop. So my question is did a add the proper tune, the car runs fine just want to get the most out of the tuner.
Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:03 am
by DiabloMatt
the Diablo tune is the 93 octane tune....

Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:03 am
by pawlu127
hi I installed the 93 oct cai on chrysler 300 srt8 and after a while i installed again the original version. Now i went to performance and on diablo tunes there is only 93 oct and 93oct cai the others the 91oct, 91oct cai, 89oct arent there how I can get them?
Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:33 pm
by Goofy7
pawlu127 wrote:hi I installed the 93 oct cai on chrysler 300 srt8 and after a while i installed again the original version. Now i went to performance and on diablo tunes there is only 93 oct and 93oct cai the others the 91oct, 91oct cai, 89oct arent there how I can get them?
mines not showing either, I updated mine but its only showing 91 and 93 but no 87 or 89 or the others.
Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:11 pm
by mikel
there are no 89/87 tunes for the HEMI cars.
Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:27 pm
by Mike_Levy
Especially the 6.1. You put 89 octane in there, you may as well just stick some lit M80's in the combustion chambers.

Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:20 pm
by Goofy7
mikel wrote:there are no 89/87 tunes for the HEMI cars.
I have the 2011 V6 Charger
Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:00 am
by Dirty305harry
I've had my trinity for three days now I'm running the 93 cai as my tune and lately the engine light came on twice and it coded 7 cyl misfire and I cleared the code my engine light never came on prior to me adding my Diablo on my 2006 Chrysler 300 srt8.... corsa street exhaust , billet catch can and airad cai ... Is this something I should worry about because I drive my car back and forth from Chicago to Miami very often.... Also I've heard that the 91 cai works better for my car if I'm running 93 octane ,, I'm very new to this so please give me some honest inputs thanks in advance ,,, also is it safe to leave it plugged in 24/7
Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:50 pm
by Mike_Levy
Have you ever changed the plugs in that car? I hope you've done it at least once (I'd be on my 3rd set on 10 years). If not, its time. Thats probably why its misfiring. The worn out plugs can't handle the advanced timing and the spark is being blown out, causing a misfire.
Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:59 pm
by Dirty305harry
I had a tune up maybe six months ago so may be I should do a tune up never had any issues it purs like a big cat
Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:07 pm
by Mike_Levy
If you remove the tune, does cylinder 7 still miss? I'd definitely check the 2 plugs in that cylinder and if they look good, then the coil pack.
Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:32 pm
by Dirty305harry
I don't feel the misfire but I will pull the plugs and do a visual how many coil packs to my engine have I may just swapp the plugs and cool packs out my car have 117k miles but well maintained when I first got the car it had NGK's plugs when I had tuneup they put champions which are the better plugs ?? To me I though the NGK's pushed harder I want to go back but I forgot what was the exact plugs that came out of it ,,, I'll go back to factory tune and see if the misfire occur
Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:34 pm
by Mike_Levy
And we just found your problem. Its the Champion plugs.
You're actually very lucky. Normally when you put a plug in the Hemi that has a different resistance than the stock NGKs the Auto Shutdown Relay activates and kills the motor at random times. I had that happen when I put Bosch's in my 08 Jeep SRT8. We had to push it through Taco Bells drive-thru. In your case the resistance must be very close to stock, so instead of killing the motor, you just got a random misfire.
Anyway, there are 16 plugs and 8 coils.
Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:03 pm
by Dirty305harry
Mike_Levy wrote:And we just found your problem. Its the Champion plugs.
You're actually very lucky. Normally when you put a plug in the Hemi that has a different resistance than the stock NGKs the Auto Shutdown Relay activates and kills the motor at random times. I had that happen when I put Bosch's in my 08 Jeep SRT8. We had to push it through Taco Bells drive-thru. In your case the resistance must be very close to stock, so instead of killing the motor, you just got a random misfire.
Anyway, there are 16 plugs and 8 coils.
Ok thanks will change the champs to NGK's do you know the Sparks plugs number by any chance ? You are very much appreciated for your time and your valued advise
Re: Diablotune = 93 Octane tune
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:11 pm
by Mike_Levy
What exact mods do you have? I used to run 2315s, which are one step colder Iridiums, with MSD coils. That was on a full top end build though. 2314 is the stock heat range plug.
Can't believe its been 5 years and 6 cars.
