Soooo I have a 2014 GMC Sierra reg cab 5.3 flex fuel and am running e85 and planning on doing long tubes. The trinity interests me because I'll be able to tune for these mods (correct me if I'm wrong) but I am extremely concerned about my warranty. I only have 15000 miles.
Will the tuner void my warranty? I've read it won't cause u just tune back to stock before u get warranty work but haven't read anything on the 14+ silverados and sierras.
2014 GMC Sierra warranty
Re: 2014 GMC Sierra warranty
as long as you remember to restore the original backup stock tune to the truck first before going to a dealer, you'll be fine.. they can't tell what was changed..
BUT..
you're in a catch-22 if you do long tube headers.. because you will HAVE to have a tune in order to have necessary trouble codes disabled, fueling adjusted correctly, etc.. and if you don't have a tune, you will be throwing trouble codes and the Check Engine light will be on..
so if you restore stock tune while having headers, and you go to a dealer, you will have codes/CEL on when you take it to them.. so you'd need to have the tune installed..
BUT..
you're in a catch-22 if you do long tube headers.. because you will HAVE to have a tune in order to have necessary trouble codes disabled, fueling adjusted correctly, etc.. and if you don't have a tune, you will be throwing trouble codes and the Check Engine light will be on..
so if you restore stock tune while having headers, and you go to a dealer, you will have codes/CEL on when you take it to them.. so you'd need to have the tune installed..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
-
Tschumacher359
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:06 pm
Re: 2014 GMC Sierra warranty
Yeah that's what I was assuming....cause I believe I have to delete the o2 sensor behind the cat as well so that would throw the trouble code as well. But with this tuner could I delete the sensor or tune it out?06MonteSS wrote:as long as you remember to restore the original backup stock tune to the truck first before going to a dealer, you'll be fine.. they can't tell what was changed..
BUT..
you're in a catch-22 if you do long tube headers.. because you will HAVE to have a tune in order to have necessary trouble codes disabled, fueling adjusted correctly, etc.. and if you don't have a tune, you will be throwing trouble codes and the Check Engine light will be on..
so if you restore stock tune while having headers, and you go to a dealer, you will have codes/CEL on when you take it to them.. so you'd need to have the tune installed..
Re: 2014 GMC Sierra warranty
you would have to get a custom tune done for it in order to have the necessary trouble codes disabled.. http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
-
Tschumacher359
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:06 pm
Re: 2014 GMC Sierra warranty
Actually I was mistaken. I don't have to delete any o2 just need to do the normal tune shit. Can I do so with the trinity??06MonteSS wrote:you would have to get a custom tune done for it in order to have the necessary trouble codes disabled.. http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html
Re: 2014 GMC Sierra warranty
If you are doing headers and high-flow or no cats, you will HAVE to get a custom tune in order to have the necessary trouble codes and related items disabled. You can not do that with the tool itself.
If you are not doing headers, and are keeping the stock cats on the truck, then sure, the preset canned Tunes will work for you.
If you are not doing headers, and are keeping the stock cats on the truck, then sure, the preset canned Tunes will work for you.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net