Page 1 of 1

CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:37 pm
by cheveeeeee
Installed a trinity in my truck 2007 Chevrolet 1500 5.3l automatic and everything worked fine. Restored original back up so that i could check for updates on trinity. Went back to truck to tune again and now it can not communicate with pcm and the truck will not start?

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:51 pm
by mikel
something must have happened between updating it and the truck not starting, did the tool load a tune?
did it fail somewhere?

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:59 pm
by cheveeeeee
when firts reloading the tune again it did say something about failing then it went and restored the backup again. And it said it restored the back up successfully. but now not communicatin

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:12 pm
by mikel
any codes?

try discnnecting the battery cables and reconnect.

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:08 pm
by cheveeeeee
No codes. Tried the battery, no help.

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:56 pm
by cheveeeeee
Any ideas?

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:19 am
by 06MonteSS
they're closed for the weekend man.. they'll be back Monday..

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:42 pm
by cheveeeeee
Still not running. Anything be done about this?

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:46 pm
by mikel
if the tool i snot married, and not in recovery mode, we cant really do anything, but I have a tough time believing it wrote the tune fine and then just left it dead....if there is more to this it may lead to a solution.

How long have you owned the device, and do you have a copy of the receipt for it?

Thanks

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:21 pm
by cheveeeeee
Had it round 3 years. First time ive used it again since i buy it, I was not having anyproblems wit it guess I should not have updated it :( Don't think I have the recept. It said failed but then wrote the backup sucessfull it said so i updated it. I had to take it in to a shop cause i Need it for work. it wont even crank over. They said ecm is no good now. I'm going to get one from a recylcer. Don't think I will use trinity again, i will try to sell it, but thanks for responses.

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:23 pm
by mikel
send us the pcm, Im sure we can recover it.

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:28 pm
by cheveeeeee
Ok, where do I send it

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:47 pm
by mikel
fill out the return form on our site under support and we'll issue an rma# to send it in.

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH PCM

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:42 pm
by Thedude
I just had mine crash. Did a backup to see how things worked with Trinity. Now will not turn over or communicate. I guess I should have put unlocked PCM in first. Can I send you factory one to see if recoverable. Only had Trinity a few days. Car has lees then 3000 miles. Ugh.