Page 1 of 1
Vortech Supercharger Predator Tune
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:35 pm
by Gustav
I have the Vortech supercharger and it came with a Predator tuner with a custom tune. The supercharger was making some weird noise and has been removed and sent in for warranty repair. In the meantime the boys have done some plumbing so I can run the truck ('06 Avalanche) without the SC until it gets back.
Question: Should I return to the stock tune or just leave it as is? I've got cold air intake, headers, performance exhaust and bigger injectors and am wondering if they will suffer with the stock tune vs. the Predator Vortech tune.
Thanks
RE: Vortech Supercharger Predator Tune
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:58 am
by mikel
Honestly, the only right way to do it is to run the stock tune with the stock injectors swapped back in.
Thanks
RE: Vortech Supercharger Predator Tune
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:32 pm
by Gustav
Putting the stock injectors back isn't an option since I'm out on an oil rig in the middle of nowhere. What do you think would be the best (or least wrong) way to get by with the existing hardware? Should I still use high octane fuel with the custom tune even without the supercharger?
RE: Vortech Supercharger Predator Tune
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:58 pm
by mikel
I dont understand...are you driving the truck on the oil rig?
If you can get to it to drive it, you should be able to swap out the injectors, correct?
Running the stock tune with the larger injectors will not work.
Running the Vortech tune without the blower may be OK, but you need to keep your foot out of it, as it will run WAY rich.
Thanks
RE: Vortech Supercharger Predator Tune
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:05 pm
by Gustav
Can't swap injectors cuz I don't have them with me - chucked 'em actually. I'll keep the blower tune and stick with low octane for the moment.
Thanks for the help!