Axle Ratio

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
travclem
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:37 am

Axle Ratio

Post by travclem »

I was messing with my parameters today and i went to the axle ratio section. when the screen came up the axle ratio was set at 3.73. I was under the impression that my truck had 3.42 gears. Is this 3.73 what the predator is reading from the factory computer or is it a preset on the Predator. Is there any way I can find out what rear end my truck has?
2006 Z-71 Crew Cab LT3
Automatic
MODS:
Diablo Predator Performance Tune
Flowmaster 70 Series Big Block
ltxi
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:21 pm

RE: Axle Ratio

Post by ltxi »

Inside of glove compartment door should have all the build/option codes on the label. GT5=4:10, GT4=3:73. Don't know for sure off the top of my head what 3:42 is, but it will be GT some number other than those.
Gustav
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 8:56 am

RE: Axle Ratio

Post by Gustav »

Call the dealer, give them your VIN and they'll look it up for you.
travclem
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:37 am

RE: Axle Ratio

Post by travclem »

well it has a GT4 on the glovebox sticker so i guess it's a 3.73... Thanks bud!
2006 Z-71 Crew Cab LT3
Automatic
MODS:
Diablo Predator Performance Tune
Flowmaster 70 Series Big Block
ltxi
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:21 pm

RE: Axle Ratio

Post by ltxi »

Anytime....also G80 designates locker rear. Part of the Z71 package I believe. It was in 2000 and 2007/8. Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know.
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”