Page 1 of 2

Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:35 pm
by budlun
:D Can you guys send me a tune for a Steeda CAI with an X-pipe cat delete. The one I had for my 2011 mustang sent by Mike L. worked much better than the universal 100mm CAI tunes. Thanks Bud Lum. :)

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:18 am
by mikel
Hope everything is going well Bud!

Matts gonna hook you up here, let us know if you need anything else.

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:33 am
by DiabloMatt
budlun wrote::D Can you guys send me a tune for a Steeda CAI with an X-pipe cat delete. The one I had for my 2011 mustang sent by Mike L. worked much better than the universal 100mm CAI tunes. Thanks Bud Lum. :)

i dont have a steeda file to just give you BUT if you work with me here, i'll get you a custom tune and dial it in perfect. then i can add steeda support for future people. the attached file should be VERY close. please save this file and load it onto the tool. then start a datalog and drive around some. start from an idle and slowly roll into the throttle. up to about half way. then save it. then start another datalog and get me a WOT pull. then send me both logs :)

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:23 pm
by budlun
Everything is great here in Arkansas Mike, just hot, it's probably hotter there. Thanks for asking. I hope everything is going well for you. Thanks Matt for the tune so at least I have a starting point. I just hope I can remember how to data log and download it for you. Do I need to pick certain PIDs or will it log the ones you need? Also first just drive around in drive and roll on the loud pedal slowly to half throttle or so a few times? Do I need to put it in 3rd or 4th for the WOT run, and run it to 7000 rpm, or does it need to shift through a few gears? It will be tomorrow before I can get the X-Pipe on, so please give me a day or so. Thanks, Bud Lum.

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:53 pm
by mikel
good to hear.

you can use the default pid list to record the log, it will have everything they need.

Thanks

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:11 pm
by budlun
I hope this works, I have never tried it before. Thanks , Bud

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:56 pm
by budlun
I think I sent four logs cause I didn't know if you wanted the logs in drive or a single gear. the tune didn't work as well as the 93 octane universal 100mm CAI, but it wasn't bad. it had a surge when cruising from 2000 to4000rpm. I hope these logs will help. Thanks, Bud Lum

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:22 pm
by mikel
Matt will check them out, hes been stuck on a project fr a day or two but should be ready to look here soon ;)

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:30 pm
by budlun
OK, Great. I'm not in a big hurry. These logs I sent you were done without the x-pipe, I haven't had a chance to install it yet, since I'm taking care of my Mother as she has Alzheimer's. I hope they will help. The logs I sent were using the tune file that Matt sent me, but there was a surge at cruising speeds so I changed it back to the 93 octane universal CAI tune. It works good, but does not make the power as the file you sent me for the 2011. If you remember I recommended using it for a canned tune. It's going to be hard to beat. I have had a 2014 and now a 2013 Mustang. They don't run like the 2011 I brought to you when I first got it. I guess that 8 extra HP slowed them down. They weren't dyno tuned though. Thanks, Bud.

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:37 am
by DiabloMatt
question. is this on 93 octane fuel? i ask as there appears to be an abnomal amount of knock going on in this thing.

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:43 am
by DiabloMatt
here is a revision in the mean time

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:26 am
by budlun
DiabloMatt wrote:question. is this on 93 octane fuel? i ask as there appears to be an abnomal amount of knock going on in this thing.
Yes I always put 93 octane fuel in it. I hate to hear that. I don't have the cat delete x-pipe on it yet, but the Steeda CAI is on it. I don't know what's going on unless the knock sensors aren't working right. I haven't changed the timing or anything like that. Do I need to monitor the timing or anything, you can't hear the knocking, and I sure can't afford a new engine. Thanks, Bud.

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:40 am
by budlun
DiabloMatt wrote:here is a revision in the mean time
Do I need to take it easy with this tune, or is it ok to push on it hard I don't want to destroy my engine. Also do I need to make a couple of logs, or just drive it and see how it acts? Thanks for your time, Bud.

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:28 am
by DiabloMatt
budlun wrote:
DiabloMatt wrote:here is a revision in the mean time
Do I need to take it easy with this tune, or is it ok to push on it hard I don't want to destroy my engine. Also do I need to make a couple of logs, or just drive it and see how it acts? Thanks for your time, Bud.

i reduced the overall timing in the tune. so you should be ok to beat on it and get me another log. its not going to destroy anything. i want just making the comment cause the timing map i used is my usual 93 map that i have not had any trouble with so possible just a bad batch of gas or a few other small possibilities. either way its not a big deal. load the new tune i sent and get me another log if you can at WOT and i'll make sure all is well

Re: Steeda CAI for 2013 Mustang gt

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:21 pm
by budlun
DiabloMatt wrote:
budlun wrote:
DiabloMatt wrote:here is a revision in the mean time
Do I need to take it easy with this tune, or is it ok to push on it hard I don't want to destroy my engine. Also do I need to make a couple of logs, or just drive it and see how it acts? Thanks for your time, Bud.

i reduced the overall timing in the tune. so you should be ok to beat on it and get me another log. its not going to destroy anything. i want just making the comment cause the timing map i used is my usual 93 map that i have not had any trouble with so possible just a bad batch of gas or a few other small possibilities. either way its not a big deal. load the new tune i sent and get me another log if you can at WOT and i'll make sure all is well
I wasn't thinking when you asked me if it had 93 octane fuel in it. I just got this 2013 and it had a little fuel in it. I forgot that it had 1/4 tank of what could have been regular 87 octane when I filled it up. I have good fuel in it now, I know. I will do some logging this weekend and see what happens. I'll do the first logging with the last tune file you sent me. If the timing looks late, I may try the first one again. It did pick up 2 MPH with it. I will only roll in the throttle and back out about halfway, so I won't be putting it in a bind too much with the first tune. I did notice a surge at cruising speeds with both tunes. Also all the lights come on at 70 MPH. Don't like that at night especially. I don't get it. My 2011 ran 12.50s with just the 93 octane tune , no CAI at all. 12.9 is the best I have gotten from this one and my 2014. I guess the 8 extra horses are very heavy. Thanks Bud