2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with pcm

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

ozman911
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm

2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with pcm

Post by ozman911 »

Hello all. I received my Trinity today. I updated it right away then hooked it up. Sadly it is unable to communicate with the pcm. I have triple checked the vehicle type, checked the fuses, no after market items installed. The vehicle a 2006 Trailblazer 5.3. I have the engine out at the moment and will be dropping a new one in this weekend. I checked to make sure the grounds are all connected good and I can use my OBDwiz program to successfully connect to the pcm. Are there some sensors that have to be hooked up for the trinity to work? I have attached some pics for reference. Any suggestions on where should look next?
VIN and year
VIN and year
IMG_20160803_200822.jpg (2.33 MiB) Viewed 5225 times
Obdwiz connection
Obdwiz connection
IMG_20160803_220820.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 5225 times
No codes
No codes
IMG_20160803_220848.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 5225 times
IMG_20160730_194651.jpg
IMG_20160730_194651.jpg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 5225 times
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by mikel »

what does it say when you try to communicate?
What does the tool show for options/show information/part?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
ozman911
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by ozman911 »

Hello Mike, I stopped by the truck this morning to grab some pics. Let me know if you need any more information. Thamks!
IMG_20160804_091829.jpg
IMG_20160804_091829.jpg (980.8 KiB) Viewed 5214 times
IMG_20160804_091900.jpg
IMG_20160804_091900.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 5214 times
IMG_20160804_092016.jpg
IMG_20160804_092016.jpg (989.18 KiB) Viewed 5214 times
IMG_20160804_092040.jpg
IMG_20160804_092040.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 5214 times
Trying to view the calid
Trying to view the calid
IMG_20160804_092121.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 5214 times
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by mikel »

you need to put the tool on GM CAN GAS, select an 08 Tahoe, let it reboot, then try again.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
ozman911
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by ozman911 »

Right on! I'll give it a shot and report back here when I get home tonight. Thank you mike.
ozman911
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by ozman911 »

Progress! But not flashing. It did a successful backup of the pcm and TCM but fails to flash the tune. I am uploading more pics and a video.
IMG_20160804_190349.jpg
IMG_20160804_190349.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 5203 times
IMG_20160804_190155.jpg
IMG_20160804_190155.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 5203 times
IMG_20160804_191647.jpg
IMG_20160804_191647.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 5203 times
IMG_20160804_191746.jpg
IMG_20160804_191746.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 5203 times
IMG_20160804_191846.jpg
IMG_20160804_191846.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 5203 times
ozman911
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by ozman911 »

ozman911
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by ozman911 »

Forgot to mention. Stock radio, turned off. Park brake is in. DTR overrode, trailer wire fuses are pulled. Battery is new and should have a good charge. Have a charger coming to double check. No aftermarket electronics.
ozman911
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by ozman911 »

Put a battery charger on it for an hour just to top it off. Still same issue.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by mikel »

at what point exactly does it fail?
before it starts writing?

kinda sounds to me like the PCM might be locked?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
ozman911
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by ozman911 »

If you watch the video you can see the point it fails. After starting to install the tune it says please wait. It goes on for a few min then says Tune Not Installed. Just before it says that I did notice that the shift light goes all the way to 1st and I can hear some other noises. Then after it errors it sounds like it cycles the pcm as the door locks click and what not.

It is a stock ecm. How would it be locked?
ozman911
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by ozman911 »

If I try to update the tool It ask me to force it with a code as I cannont restore the original backup.
ozman911
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by ozman911 »

I called your techs with the programmer hooked up. The only answer they was offered was that These vehicles are hit or miss and I should return the item. My next question is do I return it to you or the place I got it from. I don't think they will like the fact that the item is married to my vehicle now. And it will not allow me to restore stock tune.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by mikel »

return it to where you got it, the fact that its married should not be a problem.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
ozman911
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with

Post by ozman911 »

Right on, I am going to try and get the engine in this weekend with everything hooked up and pray that works. If not I will return it and just take it to a dyno tuner.
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity GM Gas”