GM 8 speed tuning now available for 2015-2016 vehicles

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Whiterock1

Re: GM 8 speed tuning now available

Post by Whiterock1 »

I'm confused. Hypertech claims they can tune the A8 tranny including '17 and '18 models. But you say you can't because of encryption. I've had Hypertech products in the past and liked them, but really liked the Intune I bought for my '13 Vette specifically because of the great tranny tune, and would like to get one for my '18. What gives?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no they can't.. if you read/expand the "feature details" section of their products, it clearly states: 6-Speed Transmission Only

Diablo tools can do the 6 speed trannies as well..

no handheld can do the 8 speed...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Whiterock1

Post by Whiterock1 »

Interesting, Monte, and as I've always valued your input, I'm sure you're correct--it makes sense that if it could be done, you would have. However, in the Ecklers C7 catalog I just got, they clearly state 6 and 8 speed trannies and 2014-2018 (page 16). I'll have to check their website. Thanx for the response!

Mike
Whiterock1

Post by Whiterock1 »

2014-2018 C7 Corvette Hypertech Computer Programmer

Max Energy™ the best handheld performance tuner on the market! Max Energy Tuning extracts every bit of energy possible out of every molecule of fuel giving you more miles at part throttle and more power at wide open throttle. In order to increase engine efficiency, horsepower and torque, our engineers first optimize the spark and fuel curves point by point over the entire RPM band. With the additional power and optimized transmission functions, drivers use less fuel to accelerate and maintain cruising speeds without the torque converter un-locking and transmission down shifting to a lower gear. The results are maximum power and fuel mileage.

Emissions Legality: 50-State Legal
Tuning Type: Performance
Reads Diagnostic Trouble Codes: Yes
Clears Diagnostic Trouble Codes: Yes

Transmission Tuning: Tunes Automatic Transmissions Shift Firmness and Shift Points
Includes Rev Limiter Controls: Yes
Includes Speedometer Calibrator: Yes
Includes Top Speed Limiter: Yes

This from Southern Car Parts ad for the programmer. Same as Eckler's, basically.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

you should still continue to value my input.. highly.. LOL :-)

don't go by a catalog ad man... they use gerneral/generic descriptions for shit.. see it online and in printed catalogs all the time too... I've even emailed catalogs/performance magazines before because they had incorrect info listed for certain diablo tools too..

the hypertech can NOT do it..

Here's the Max Engery tool...

http://www.hypertech.com/vehicle-result ... AID=483059

click on the +Feature Details link and you'll clearly see, like I stated, it's for 6-Speed Transmission Only

I'm telling you.. NO handheld can do 8 speeds for 2017/2018....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

2014 still used the 6 speed so if they list it as 14-18 then they have to mention both transmissions.

2014 tuneable 6 speed
2015 tuneable 8 speed
2016 tuneable 8 speed
2017 non-tuneable 8 speed
2018 non-tuneable 8 speed

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Whiterock1

Post by Whiterock1 »

Thanx, not surprised. The resellers should be careful. There is something called fraud...interesting that the website for Hypertech doesn't even list Corvettes.
AlexCH

Post by AlexCH »

Here is the link to the thread i meant:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/1 ... nt-2083835

This post and the one or two later are mentioned two tuners, who are told to do it without modifying the tcm-hardware.
gmw0181

Post by gmw0181 »

Any update on when 2017 Camaro SS A8 on doing a tune to the transmission? My 8245 does not see the TCM.
George
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no.. it will not be.. 8 speed tranny on 2017, 2018+ vehicles will not be supported.. the 8 speed tranny can not be tuned.. only the engine can be tuned.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
CheezyRiderAZ

Post by CheezyRiderAZ »

Will the i2 work on an '18 GMC Canyon 3.6 OTHER THAN the tranny?
18SS376

Post by 18SS376 »

06MonteSS wrote:no.. it will not be.. 8 speed tranny on 2017, 2018+ vehicles will not be supported.. the 8 speed tranny can not be tuned.. only the engine can be tuned.
That's fine this company will have a product out by the end of the year to tune your 8 speed tranny.

https://www.usshift.com/
mikel

Post by mikel »

is that a piggybck controller for the TCM?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
UrbanRage

Post by UrbanRage »

Hello Mike,

I know in the past you have said the 2017 GMC Sierra 8 speed transmission can't be tuned. I was wondering if there have been any movement at all towards tuning, or is it a lost cause. Thanks if advance for any feedback that you can provide.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

No.... can not be done... can not tune the 8 or 10 speed tranny for 2017-2019 vehicles.... only the engine can be tuned.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune