programmer not liking my truck.

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

chenko24

programmer not liking my truck.

Post by chenko24 »

I've had this Trinity for a few years now. it's been loaded into my 2012 F150 Eco for the last 1.5 years.
had work done at Ford with tune out yesterday. So this morning I loaded it back in with a canned 91 tune. the programmer took my stock program and then allowed me to load the 91 canned tune. I had put a custom tune on it but it didnt let me select it, so I went with the canned 91. Just got home from a drive and 4 times the truck cut power on acceleration. Went to take tune out and the programmer is now telling it's not the same stock tune and it seems to be liked to another F150. So I look at the info and my stock tune was KGCP7C8 and now it shows KGCSAC4. Ford gave me a new Tranny update as well yesterday. I know for a fact that I didnt send the truck to Ford without taking the tune out. How do I fix this? I'm floored the truck let me put in a tune this morning without issue... now I have an issue.
Help I need my truck to run properly. Will not let me put my truck back to stock. :evil:

thanks
chenko24

Re: programmer not liking my truck.

Post by chenko24 »

And of course I tried to call Diablo for help and they are closed for a hurricane.
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Ok I got the tuner unlocked. I have loaded a 91 canned tune back into my truck. I went for a drive and hit the gas to get going quickly... revs up starts to move quickly.. .then boom the truck cuts power. I got a P06B8 code this time.... drove home cleared the code and loaded the stock tune back in... went for the exact same drive hit the gas and it worked just like it should... rev'd up and took off.

I just finished checking to see if my tuner had the most recent update... it does but loaded it again... now scared to put it back into the truck.

Thoughts? Help?

Never had these issues until recently. only thing that changed is Ford loaded up a new update for the transmission.

2012 F150 Ecoboost with 4" MBRP cat-back.
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Hello?
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Does anyone from Diablo have an idea what I can do? Your product is not working properly anymore. I'd think I could get a reply by now.

Until recently it worked as it should. After getting my truck back from Ford with an update..... in stock form the truck has no issues. If I load a canned or custom tune it runs great (in fact better than stock... better idle at a stop) but if I step on it to get moving fast.......Lets say 50kph and accelerating hard to 100kph it will cut power. I have to get out of it and ease back in and drive normal. as soon as I try to step on it with some power....it cuts. If I unload the tune and load stock tune back in... I have no issues.

I should mention I did take the truck in to Ford for them to source a louder hissing/sucking noise I'm confident wasn't as loud before. They Installed a new turbo and said the noise was normal. as I'm writing this I'm thinking that the programmer is cutting power due to a vac leak or something... could that be part of the issue? maybe with the cold weather (-15c to -30c) the truck needs more fuel at WOT? Please help me out.... once you have the extra 91 tune power and have to go back to stock 87 the truck feels like any other truck and I have a $600 programmer with custom tunes sitting. :blowup:
mikel

Post by mikel »

did you upgrade to the SP534 plugs and gap them to .029-.030?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Long ago bud. Like I said I've had the trinity in the truck for a long time. Maybe I need to check the plugs.. they are not that old couple months only and gap is .28 Was fine before the update by Ford. Most recent update for the Transmission.
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

And thanks for the reply.
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Hello? Any Ideas?
mikel

Post by mikel »

can you load a tune to the truck then export the backup and last tune written files from the device and post them here?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Yes I can do that. But the last tune written was simply the 91 performance canned tune that comes with the programmer. I'll go do it right now.

Thanks
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

There you go sir. I loaded the 87 tune because I have 87 in the tank right now since I was stock the last week or so.
Attachments
PCM_KGCSAC4.frg
(168.39 KiB) Downloaded 700 times
PCM_KGCSAC4_87_Performance.frg
(10.25 KiB) Downloaded 691 times
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Hello? Anyone?
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Nothing for me yet?
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

I've had the 87 canned in the truck and its running just fine... nice and strong. So I decided to put the canned 91 tune in. Went for a drive and when I try to accelerate hard from a light to get up to 100kph. the power cuts out... I have to get out of it and then back in at a softer acceleration. :blowup: Pulled into a parking lot loaded the 87 tune back in and truck runs perfectly. no issues that I know of.

91 octane in the tank and plugs have always been gapped at .28. Plugs are not very old at all. Was running a 91 custom tune for months until Ford did an update on my truck. after that is when the issues started. So have run stock for awhile and then tried the 91 custom and had same issue... tried 91 canned same issue...both had 94 octane in at the time. right now.... shell 91 with 87 canned tune and it seems just fine. What gives?

I'd blame the custom tunes but it's the canned ones as well.