Page 1 of 1

Error when updating - IO operation will not work

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:17 am
by Discount Tuners
Trying to update an i1000 and getting an error I've never seen before.

Re: Error when updating - IO operation will not work

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:19 am
by mikel
is there something on the intune drive that doesnt belong there?

Re: Error when updating - IO operation will not work

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:26 am
by Discount Tuners
Everything looks normal to me. I deleted the group update file, unplugged and replugged it in, tried again, and still got the same issue. The original updater worked without an issue and now doing the Updater2 I'm getting the error. Nothing is in the Logs, Tunes, or Runtime folders

Re: Error when updating - IO operation will not work

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:46 am
by Discount Tuners
Tried my laptop in addition to my desktop and had the same results

Re: Error when updating - IO operation will not work

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:23 pm
by mikel
how much space do you see as available on the intune drive?

Re: Error when updating - IO operation will not work

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:16 pm
by Discount Tuners
With that file on there it shows there is only 88.0 KB free, with 60.8 MB used. When I delete the file the free space goes up to 23.8 MB free, with 37.0 MB used.

All of the folders are empty with 0 KB on them, the info.xml file is 2 KB

Also the Diablosport drive shows 6.60 MB used, with 0 bytes free

Re: Error when updating - IO operation will not work

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:41 pm
by mikel
can you look for hidden files on the intune drive?

Re: Error when updating - IO operation will not work

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:26 pm
by Discount Tuners
You are a great problem solver. I found a bunch of hidden files that I don't see on any of my other intunes. I deleted them (hopefully that's what you were going to tell me to do) and the updater is running like normal now. Thanks a lot Mike!