Just got a MAFia and currently tuning with my WBO meter.
I have my high & low slopes changed, but what is Air mass per cylinder? Are you talking about reducing my 39 pt. flow curve kg/hr values by the correction factor? I would think I need to increase those values?
With the injectors now at lower values would my load calculations change?
I have 42#, so my MAFia value is 37(high)/32(low), but the directions are a bit unclear for the MAF curve?
tweecer/EEC tuner Air mass displacement?
Moderator: mikel
Re: tweecer/EEC tuner Air mass displacement?
There are a few ways to calibrate for the MAFia. The absolute best is to tell the PCM exactly how much air the engine is seeing and just add the 24% into the maf curve. However some calibrations are limited in airmass so for those you need to multiply the Airmass Displacement of 1 Cylinder and Injector Slopes by .76 to get it where you need to be. If you are using Tweecer software the parameter names are sometimes different. Airmass Displacement of 1 cylinder might be something like Engine Displacement(not sure). Look for that param in the scalars and the typical value for a Fox body(just guessing that is what you are running) is 0.0016656recharged95 wrote:Just got a MAFia and currently tuning with my WBO meter.
I have my high & low slopes changed, but what is Air mass per cylinder? Are you talking about reducing my 39 pt. flow curve kg/hr values by the correction factor? I would think I need to increase those values?
With the injectors now at lower values would my load calculations change?
I have 42#, so my MAFia value is 37(high)/32(low), but the directions are a bit unclear for the MAF curve?
Hope this helps,
Kev
Kev
-
recharged95
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:04 am
RE: Re: tweecer/EEC tuner Air mass displacement?
I was told on another forum that air mass on 1 cylinder is 'engine displacement' in the EEC tuner.
So, you're saying I have 2 options:
1. leave everything in my tune the same, but add to my MAF curve table pts +24%. Or...
2. just multiply (i.e. decrease) 24% to the 3 parameters as mentioned in the directions. Leave the MAF table alone. Air mass = engine displacement (as mentioned by several folks).
I'm running an LMAF, on a 95 EECIV, I would like to just increase the MAF table and maintain my load calculations close to true physical. But will try both methods and datalog them (I have a WBO/MAF logger) to see which provides the better results.
Thanks for the tip.
The explanation of the MAFia inner workings are a bit fuzzy--it is just an attenuator, therefore, it still maxes out at 5V (I'll see that on the datalog), but just shifting the MAF curve "to the left"... right?
So, you're saying I have 2 options:
1. leave everything in my tune the same, but add to my MAF curve table pts +24%. Or...
2. just multiply (i.e. decrease) 24% to the 3 parameters as mentioned in the directions. Leave the MAF table alone. Air mass = engine displacement (as mentioned by several folks).
I'm running an LMAF, on a 95 EECIV, I would like to just increase the MAF table and maintain my load calculations close to true physical. But will try both methods and datalog them (I have a WBO/MAF logger) to see which provides the better results.
Thanks for the tip.
The explanation of the MAFia inner workings are a bit fuzzy--it is just an attenuator, therefore, it still maxes out at 5V (I'll see that on the datalog), but just shifting the MAF curve "to the left"... right?
-
stitched101
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:52 pm
RE: Re: tweecer/EEC tuner Air mass displacement?
ok well maybe you guys can make this a little more clear i have a 99 lightning with a preditor tuner i just orderd the mafia havent got it yet but any suggestions on how to set it up in my tuner i have a maf cure but it only adjusts 10% either direction i get the injector slopes but not the maf ajustments anyone help??
- mikel
- Posts: 58772
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Re: tweecer/EEC tuner Air mass displacement?
You cannot do this through the Predator, it requires a custom tune for use with the Mafia.
Thanks
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]