'16 Ford Explorer Sport success story!

The DiabloSport Lounge

Moderator: mikel

BBEgo

'16 Ford Explorer Sport success story!

Post by BBEgo »

I bought a '16 Ford Explorer Sport in July of 2015. I loved the power of the 3.5l EcoBoost and the aggressive grill.
It looks sexy from the front. A little bulbous and weird in the back, but whatever. I wanted an SUV that could carry a lot of equipment, and yet haul ass when I wanted it to. Even bone stock, it certainly did that.

I've always been pleased with the car's performance, but thought there might be more to gain by modifying the exhaust system or something. By chance, I happened to read something about the inTune. I thought the 60hp boost claims were probably exaggerated, but I liked the idea of an invisible upgrade.
I bit the bullet and bought the I2020intune last week.

Driving it around the block after the flash was, frankly, less than impressive. It didn't really seem that different. I wondered if the programming even took at all. The next day on my short drive to work seemed a bit more interesting though. I was texting a buddy of mine who has experience with this stuff, and he said the ECU needs some time on the road to re-learn itself.
On the drive home I started noticing that the car seemed spunky, like a horse who knows he's headed back to the stables after a long ride.

That evening I took it onto the freeway to band practice, and it was just incredible. The inTune really makes Ford's EcoBoost engine come alive!

60 horses? I don't have a dyno or anything, but Yes, I believe it! I am a VERY satisfied customer. Thanks guys!
mikel

Re: '16 Ford Explorer Sport success story!

Post by mikel »

Glad to hear it, enjoy!
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com