Key fob interruption

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

cpg

Key fob interruption

Post by cpg »

I've noticed since I've installed the T1000, if I leave it plugged in to the OBD port when I park somewhere that my key fob does not work. Can't lock, unlock, or pop the trunk. Unplug the OBD and everything is back to normal. Any thoughts on what may be interfering/interrupting the signal?
2006 Chrysler 300C RWD 5.7L Hemi
Trinity T1000
K&N 57 Series CAI
cpg

Re: Key fob interruption

Post by cpg »

Just bumping to see if anyone else experiencing the same thing.
Trinity T1000
K&N 57 Series CAI
mikel

Post by mikel »

the trinity OBDII cable could act as an antenna and interfere with the signal from the rmote.
it should work up close, no?
Maybe try moving the cable or trinity itself to a slightly different location assuming it is very close to the receiver for the remote currently.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
cpg

Post by cpg »

Up close or far away doesn't matter. I've tried moving the unit to various window positions and resting it in the center console. I'll have to find out where the receiver is located.
Tried both fobs with no luck. I'm going to check the batteries on those to make sure they are not the culprit!
Trinity T1000
K&N 57 Series CAI
99SSCamaro

Post by 99SSCamaro »

Used to have the same problem with my last pickup (07 Silverado). Worked up close, but couldn't get the remote start to work from 30 feet or so. Although one day I had the ODB2 cable plugged in still, but the tuner wasn't up on the windshield anymore, so the cable was just laying up on the dash, plugged into the port, and I noticed that the remote worked REALLY well. I guess it's just a big antenna if it's not connected to the trinity