2007 Mustang GT w/ Predator u7145

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Global_Saffer

2007 Mustang GT w/ Predator u7145

Post by Global_Saffer »

Hi all,

I'm brand new to tuning, and to the Mustang community. Looking for a bit of info and assistance. I would have asked 3 weeks ago when I got the car, but I've been struggling to register on the forums :/

I recently bought an almost immaculate condition 07'GT (35k miles) with quite a few upgrades installed, and a Predator 1 u7135 tuner. The car belonged to an older teacher in my area, who passed away and his widow traded the car in with our local Toyota dealership. She was able to give me a folder with all the paperwork her husband kept on the car. Its receipts and service records going all the way back to the start of the cars life. She is not 100% certain that everything is in there but is "pretty sure" so I have to take it at that. The car came with the AirRaid Hard Shift tune installed, but the tool had the original firmware on. Being the computer geek that I am, I updated the tool as per the instructions and it all went fine. I did notice that when the stock tune was installed the car ran really rough. I started it up for under 5 seconds just out of curiosity and didn't drive it. With the updated firmware (v9 something) I loaded the AirRaid/Roush Hard Shift tune (I assume this is just the updated version of the AirRaid tune it had on) and the car runs smoothly again.

My first question is: What upgrades is the AirRaid/Roush Hard Shift tune designed to work with? I've scoured the website but can't find any info.

My second question is: How can I tune the car as more of a daily driver? I read somewhere that the Hard Shift tunes can be rough on the transmission over long terms use. I want traction control on, the car tuned for 91 octane gas, and with fuel efficiency in mind. What are my options? I know the tuning tool is pretty old, but it seems to work just fine.

Any insight would be appreciated!
Last edited by Global_Saffer on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 Ford Mustang GT S197 Windveil Blue
mikel

Re: 2007 Mustang GT w/ Predator u7135

Post by mikel »

You sure its a U7135?
Thats an old Predator for the 05-10 HEMI cars, won't work on a Ford ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Global_Saffer

Post by Global_Saffer »

mikel wrote:You sure its a U7135?
Thats an old Predator for the 05-10 HEMI cars, won't work on a Ford ;)

Oops, I mean a U7145...

Any advice for me, Mikel?
mikel

Post by mikel »

the hard shift actually extends the life of the trans....if you dont love it try the standard airaid tune.

The tune is specifically designed for use with that intake. OInce you swap headers or really any other hard parts, you'll want a custom tune to properly dial it in.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Global_Saffer

Post by Global_Saffer »

mikel wrote:the hard shift actually extends the life of the trans....if you dont love it try the standard airaid tune.

The tune is specifically designed for use with that intake. OInce you swap headers or really any other hard parts, you'll want a custom tune to properly dial it in.

Thanks

Thanks for the input. As I said, I'm new to all this so your insight is appreciated.

I'll try the hard shift a little more then. I see that the hard shift disables the TC. Will it cause any issues if I turn it back on, using the tool? Also, I see that the hard shift tune is suited for 93 octane fuel. 93 is tough to find in my area, but 91 is very common. Can I alter that tune to use 91 instead, and how could I do that?
mikel

Post by mikel »

leaving TC on with hard shift will result in TC kicking in on the shifts and causing issues.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Global_Saffer

Re: 2007 Mustang GT w/ Predator u7145

Post by Global_Saffer »

Are there any links which could show me how to modify the tunes myself? I'm mostly interested in changing the octane of gas the car is tuned for.
mikel

Post by mikel »

there are tunes for the different octanes in the list.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Global_Saffer

Post by Global_Saffer »

mikel wrote:there are tunes for the different octanes in the list.
I see. Still looking for info on modifying it myself, if it's available? I'm a lifelong learner....