TCM Failure

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

MadMag

TCM Failure

Post by MadMag »

Hello,
im hoping I can get some guidance. I have an ‘06 srt8 magnum. I’m using U7135 V9r30. I was running the 93 oct CAI tune slightly modified in magnum. I tried to reinstall stock tune so I could smog in Cali. Car was perfect before. Now car is slipping on shifts and has given P0700 and P0100. Both TCM related. I reinstalled 91 OCT CAI tune and problem seemed to go away. With stock tune the slipping is intermittent. I believe I’m at fault. I reinstalled with a stereo amplifier hooked up. So voltage spikes while installing. Any advice how to correct problem? Thank you in advance. Bryan
06MonteSS

Re: TCM Failure

Post by 06MonteSS »

anything aftermarket like that amp needs to be disconnected before installing tunes.. wiring needs to be disconnected from factory harness...

make sure your car battery is fully charged... voltage drops/fluctuations can cause issues like that..

and also, there's no need to remove the tune anyway before going for emissions testing...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
MadMag

Post by MadMag »

Thank you for the reply. I disconnected the stereo and tried to reinstall stock tune. Same issue. I was unaware that it could pass emissions test in California with a custom tune. The smog tech said it’d have to be returned to stock
MadMag

Post by MadMag »

I installed 91 oct CAI tune with no additional power sources. And it’s doing the same thing. So do I need to replace PCM?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Sorry man, I have no idea... you'd need to contact DiabloSport Tech Support - that is a DiabloSport product/update issue. You can contact DiabloSport Tech Support at support@diablosport.com or 1-561-908-0040... Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm (Eastern Time).

but be forewarned.... they are on a skeleton crew this week, because a lot of them are out in Vegas at the SEMA show...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
MadMag

Post by MadMag »

All good man, thanks for your help. It’s greatly appreciated
MadMag

Post by MadMag »

They said they don’t think it has anything to do with their tuner. Said sounds like a hardware issue. Like a sensor or something. Just odd that car was fine before I reinstalled stock tune. He said voltage increase or decrease wouldn’t have anything to do with it. I’m going to replace PCM and see if that fixes it. I’ll update if it resolved the problem. Thanks again for your help