Changing gear ratios
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:20 pm
Hey guys i'm running a custom tune from Lew. I have a 2012 Silverado 5.3 and I have a Gibson cat back with a K&N cold air intake running the 93 octane tune.
I'm going to be putting in 3.73's this spring and I just want to know what I'll need to do for the speedo, will I have to have the dealer reflash for the speedo or can I just do the gear swap and be done with it. By the way I love this custom tune and Lew is awesome to work with I just want a little more off the line and I'm thinking maybe the regear will really wake my truck up even more. Have any of you ran into any problems with just changing the gear or do you recommend retuning after. I posted this in the intune forum but thought I would get better info here . Thanks for any help ,Dan
I'm going to be putting in 3.73's this spring and I just want to know what I'll need to do for the speedo, will I have to have the dealer reflash for the speedo or can I just do the gear swap and be done with it. By the way I love this custom tune and Lew is awesome to work with I just want a little more off the line and I'm thinking maybe the regear will really wake my truck up even more. Have any of you ran into any problems with just changing the gear or do you recommend retuning after. I posted this in the intune forum but thought I would get better info here . Thanks for any help ,Dan