Page 1 of 1

ergent need of header tune

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:50 am
by cski68
Hello,
After reading through the forum for the last week I realise I need a custom header tune.

I installed the Diablo performance tune to my z06 and everything seemed great but after about 5 min I notice that the Idle was acting very strange. When I would rev the engine the rpm's would go down to about 300 before retuning to Idle, It got to the point where it would just stall.

I have a 2001 Z06 w/LG LT headers, X-pipe with high flow cats, bbk 80mm TB, Corsa exhaust and K&N air filter.
Predator info
software rev 2.10
hardware rev 1.01

I live and work in Germany and the gas has a much higher Octane level, I run 98 octane if that helps.

My Regards if you can help me in this matter,
Chris

P.S. After doing more reading I noticed that people were turning off their rear O2 sensers because they don't work good with HF Cats, If I did this would it help my Idle?

RE: ergent need of header tune

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:03 am
by mikel
You can turn the rear o2s off to eliminate any codes.
If you need a tune for the headers, email me a copy of the backup file from the tool.

Thanks

RE: ergent need of header tune

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:57 am
by Whynot
I am in the same boat as you, but look carefully at octane. European 98 is equivalent to 93 under the US system. AT least according to the pumps on base.

RE: ergent need of header tune

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:15 pm
by Gonnagetem
Its your BBK throttle body.

I have a truck with one that does the same thing.

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:42 pm
by CANUCKPREDATOR
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... pic&t=4668

Aftermarket MAF aren't always needed. Have a read. Might shed some light on your situation.

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:00 pm
by 06MonteSS
well, he doesn't say that he has an aftermarket MAF... he's got a different throttle body...

but yeah - if you (cski68) have also installed an aftermarket MAF - get rid of it! put the stocker back on...

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:46 pm
by CANUCKPREDATOR
DOH!!!! I gotta learn to read. :)