i3 Keeps "Updating"

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

ferrarilambo12

i3 Keeps "Updating"

Post by ferrarilambo12 »

I got my brand new i3 on my network, used the wifi updater on the device at least 20 times now and every time it restarts and I search for an update there is another one. I do not believe its actually updating anything. I also tried doing the update through the PC update tool. It says there is an update, it installs it, I unplug the device after it reboots successfully and try the tool again and it says there is an update and the problem continues. So unless there are updates every 30 seconds, there is something wrong with my device.
What should I do here?

APP Info:
Vehicle: 2r04c
GUI: 2r01s
Installer: 2r01m
Updater: 2r01j
Logger: 2r01d

Database Info:
GUI: 2r00d
06MonteSS

Re: i3 Keeps "updating"

Post by 06MonteSS »

don't do it via wifi man... known issue, it will keep saying you have updates to do, etc....

you need to download/install the Update Agent software on your Windows PC/laptop.... connect the tool to your Windows pc/laptop... get it to the main menu... then start up the Updater program.... update the inTune to the latest updates...

once it reboots, the Updater program will show that it's up to date....

and that's it man...

then shut down the updater program and disconnect the intune from your computer...

done and good to go...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ferrarilambo12

Re: i3 Keeps "Updating"

Post by ferrarilambo12 »

The Update Agent 1.0 seems to do the same thing, every time I connect the device it says there is an update. Is it normal for the PC tool to do this? I just want to make sure before actually plugging this into my car.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes, known issue with their update server... after you run the updater once or twice, then that's it... no need to do it anymore... good to go...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ferrarilambo12

Post by ferrarilambo12 »

Ok perfect, thank you so much for your help. :)