Page 1 of 1
9r04 shift firmness observation - Diablo feedback pls
Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:01 pm
by rodneyiii
I jumped from version 8r18 to 9r04 and easily noticed a decrease in the shift firmness. I've tried the quick adjust mode to increase the firmness more than once to make sure it programmed the change. It still feels more like the stock 1-2 shift. It is a quick two-step shift rather than the single, harder shift I had with 8r18. I could chirp the tires on the 1-2 shift but not any more. What changed between the versions? I was forced to update the PCM software from 05094680AJ to AK. Did the DCX update modify the shifting?
Thanks.
RE: 9r04 shift firmness observation - Diablo feedback pls
Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:49 pm
by Panterasteve
I don't know about your problem, I updated mine last to vr20 I changed the shift points, firmness reset the TCM & bumped the redline to 6200 and boy it's a new car and it's BAD. I put it to the floor from a dead stop and roasted the tires when all of a sudden that f*cker snapped into second and smoked some more and then wound and shifted at 6200 on the nose hit 3rd and I was GONE!!! Try the steps I took they are worth all the rubber in malaysia !!!!
Diablo please give some answers
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:13 am
by rodneyiii
I haven't heard anything yet. Can you guys help?
RE: Diablo please give some answers
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:22 pm
by ikonis
I too noticed that I did not like the shifting in the latest revision. I downgraded back to 8r20 for much more fun.
RE: Diablo please give some answers
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:30 am
by BlueSunshine
I also noticed that the shift is not as firm when I updated last night, will this be corrected in the next update or is there something else I can try. I have also tried to increase shift firmness 3 or 4 times.
RE: Diablo please give some answers
Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:24 pm
by bobnoxious1
Bump
RE: Diablo please give some answers
Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:43 pm
by Mike_Levy
They'll get it right eventually. MikeW is working on the TCM according to a previous post.
The issue with the later versions is the Torque managment. Theres more of it, so the power is cut on shifts and they feel weaker. I have a custom tune with TM reduced and it slams into gear. Feels like my old LT1 Trans Am with a Shift kit.