Page 1 of 1

Air filter change?

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:31 am
by Hoand
Hey everybody, I'm getting ready to change my oil and do an air filter https://thehomedweller.com/20x20x1-air-filter/ change as well. I ordered a K&N drop in so I can just clean it instead of ordering a new filter every time I need one. I do have one question though: What's the gray pad that's on the bottom of the stock air filter? I haven't seen this on any of my other cars. I can post a picture if you'd like. Should I clean this/put this in with the new air filter or should the K&N come with one or do I not need it at all? Thanks guys.

Re: Air filter change?

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 pm
by Mike_Levy
Its a carbon filter. Its for emissions. Just get rid of it. Everybody does. It blocks flow and does minimal good.