Hey Mike.....

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

Mike_Levy

Re: Hey Mike.....

Post by Mike_Levy »

Cool. It would be amazing if somehow the handheld could talk to a phone and then have logging data displayed on the center screen via CarPlay. Or if the handheld was Android based and could display without a phone. I think that’s definitely something that’s missing on the market currently that would be a big hit.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike_Levy wrote:Cool. It would be amazing if somehow the handheld could talk to a phone and then have logging data displayed on the center screen via CarPlay. Or if the handheld was Android based and could display without a phone. I think that’s definitely something that’s missing on the market currently that would be a big hit.
Tricky.
Superchips did a bluetooth/android based tuner years ago and it never took off. Then you have to deal with the massive fragmentation of the Android ecosystem (something like 85% of users are on old versions of software) and it becomes a disaster to support in the field. If you get a new phone and we don't support the new OS yet (happens all the time) you just cant flash the car. Makes for some tough phone calls.
Obviously the fact that so many new cars can run Android or CarPlay changes the landscape a bit.

Current development is a physical handheld device, but thats just for starters.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

mikel wrote: Current development is a physical handheld device, but thats just for starters.
Does Dinan know that? Their Tech Support told me "I don't have an ETA on any hand held option at the moment. We are currently working on a flash tune option for that platform now but that is the only thing that is currently in development."

I just need something. There are a few good flash options available, but damn are they pricey. Like I previously said, no way I can justify $2500-3000 to flash a lease. Especially when BMW keep undoing all my coding work with their automatic updates. :blowup:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

I doubt any of the guys on the tech line are aware of whats in development.
As of this week, they are actually looking at making it a bluetooth dongle as opposed to a handheld :) My how things change, lol.

I don't have any sort of ETA for flash tuning on your new application. Obviously the A movers get the most initial attention, like with anything else.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike_Levy wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:43 pm I vaguely recall you saying a few months (or a year) ago that you were going to be looking into a tuner for BMW. What ever happened with that? Just curious, because I talked to the dealer today and I should have an M550 ready for tuning in about a year. My lease goes out in September, but BMW is allowing a 6 month pull ahead. So I'll order the car in March, provided they get an allocation, and 10-12 weeks later I'll be ready for a tune...... unless I wait for the 2021 refresh.

"523hp" out of the box, so 600 should be cake with a tune. Of course, they make way more than that, so we're looking for 650-700. :mrgreen:

And yes, I'll bring it up to Sanford. I ain't paying for the AWD dyno though.
FYI :)

https://www.dinancars.com/products/soft ... parts/4431
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Yeah, and they're looking for a 20+ M550 too, but I'm not bringing the car to Alabama. If I could just bring it to you, I'd have it there in a couple of hours. :(

I sent them an email when I saw, but I haven't heard back yet. Sanford is way easier.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike_Levy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:30 pm Yeah, and they're looking for a 20+ M550 too, but I'm not bringing the car to Alabama. If I could just bring it to you, I'd have it there in a couple of hours. :(

I sent them an email when I saw, but I haven't heard back yet. Sanford is way easier.
I may be able to work it out if you can leave it here for a little while. We could let you drive a truck while we have it...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Nathan said they can't do it. The 21s are encrypted and they don't have the unlock codes or a crack, so even in Alabama theres not much they could do. :(
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

I mean, everything is encrypted these days. LOL. Thats why we are here :)

I mentioned to the software engineering manager that you are available, and will let you know if they want to take a poke at it.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Yeah, thats why so many are going to piggybacks. No need to crack anything.

Anyway, if you guys want to check it out, just give me a heads up. I'll pull the JB4 and bring it by. It should burn enough gas getting up there that any ethanol I have in the tank will be negligible once I fill it.

Thanks Mike.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

LOL. Steve Dinans new company Carbahn Autoworks hit me up on Facebook. They want the car for 2-3 days in San Jose in exchange for a tune and factory matching warranty.
I’m like, dude, I’m in Florida. I won’t send the car to Alabama, but I’m gonna send it to California? No thanks.

I mean I’d love to do it. They’re making 698hp and 740ft/lbs on the 2020 with the same motor, but the shipping will cost me the same $2500 as the tune would. I’ll just wait and buy it after somebody else plays guinea pig if no cheap option exists.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

I'm sure it will hit the streets in a more affordable trim soon :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com